'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
The subfloor is in!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-13 3:59 PM
4 replies, 3714 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-12 7:28 PM (#23757)
Subject: The subfloor is in!

Veteran

Yahoo!  It's installed and looks great.  Hopefully, it will hold up well.  It's got asphalt emulsion on the bottom, then 3/4 inch plywood, then 1/2 inch foam board insulation, then 3/8 inch plywood.  It's well caulked, and ready for linoleum to go in.  I am WAY excited!

Pictures attached...  One picture is of the finished floor, one is of the foamboard and top plywood going over the base layer of plywood.  It was totally worth redoing the floor and having a nice LEVEL surface to work on!

Happy Trails,

Michelle

Edited by NoSpam 2005-04-12 7:30 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-12 8:15 PM (#23758 - in reply to #23757)
Subject: RE: The subfloor is in!

Extreme Veteran

I am very curious about this trailer you are redoing. You said it had fire damage at one point? Was the fire with a previous owner or with you? Just curious, if you bought this trailer with fire damage what you paid for the trailer?

I give you credit for taking on such a job as this one!

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-12 11:18 PM (#23768 - in reply to #23758)

Veteran

Thanks!

The original owner had it when it was fire damaged...  Then someone bought it and tried to fix it - he got it cleaned out enough to sleep in at rodeos - but never got the job finished.  We bought it from him - it was under $5k.  The metal and undercarriage seemed OK and it pulled nicely, he was using it and it was in good hauling condition (lights, brakes, tires are all good). 

I suspect we will have about $15k + sweat equity into it to fix it up really nicely.  That will be less than the price of buying a brand new empty LQ shell of the same trailer model, which was my initial plan.  The thing is, most people with the money would not buy this type of fixer upper, and most people without the money can't pay cash up front, so we were able to bargain for the price we were willing to pay.  I LOVE POWERTOOLS, so it's great fun for me.

Happy Trails,

Michelle

jackel440
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-13 12:26 AM (#23773 - in reply to #23757)

that floor looks good!It is nice having a new flat floor.

what is the asphalt emulsion you are talking about?I suppose its something i know just havn't heard it called that.just curious as i need to put something on the bottom of my floor when i am done.

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-13 3:59 PM (#23800 - in reply to #23773)

Veteran

Asphalt emulsion is used for sealing roofing on houses or I've seen it used to paint cinder blocks that are part of a house's foundation and will be under the ground surface - it seals up the block surface.  The guys at Home Depot thought it would work better and last longer than polyurethane.  Someone on this board suggested spray on bedliner, which could work even better...

Happy Trails,

Michelle

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World