'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What are the differences in different Exiis models??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-11 3:07 PM
5 replies, 8878 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-10 3:19 PM (#23640)
Subject: What are the differences in different Exiis models??

Regular

I'm still on the search for the perfect trailer. Right now I'm looking at a 1997 Extreme SX 3 horse trailer and I was wondering if anyone knew what the real differences are between all of the different models. (SS, XT, ES, ect.) Also would like to know if anyone has anything bad or good to say about this model. I look forward to hearing from ya all!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-10 5:39 PM (#23642 - in reply to #23640)
Subject: RE: What are the differences in different Exiis models??

Extreme Veteran

I just bought an Exiss Event XT306 and love it so far. I have a couple friends who own them too and so far no complaints.  I am not at all impressed with the ES model or the Exiss Sport that came out a few years ago. The horse area is narrower in width, 6'8" vs. a full 7' in the XT, does make a difference. There are also other parts about the Sport that make it cheaper. The aluminum just feels lighter and less sturdy, IMO. You can tell the quality differences between the ES and the XT side by side.

Edited by MIfarmbabe 2005-04-12 6:41 PM
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-04-10 10:08 PM (#23653 - in reply to #23640)

Veteran

The Exiss Extreme was some of the first Models of trailers that Exiss produced at its birth. It is much like the Event model trailers that Exiss currently offers. XT stands for extruded sides, SS stands for slick sides. They have heavier weight skin (.063) one of the heaviest in the industry, stonger larger drop windows, floor supports are 2" x 4" I-beams on 13" centers and so on. The ES Sport model has .040 skin, smaller lighter drop windows. It has the same flooring but the I-beams are on 16" centers. Exiss came out with the Sport model to offer a less expensive all aluminum trailer for the person moving up to an aluminum from a less expensive steel (sticker shock) or for the occasional user that wanted a trailer that wouldn't rust. You can't go wrong with an Exiss trailer, or with any All aluminum trailer, Most trailers produced today are made very well. You can go to Exiss' web site and look up the specs on their trailers, they list all the specs on all their current models. You can probably contact them for info. on the Extreme. 

Hope This Helps

Good Luck!!   

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-11 8:24 AM (#23660 - in reply to #23653)
Subject: RE: What are the differences in different Exiss models?? OPINIONS WANTED!

Regular

Thank you, that helped a lot. It's good to know it's more like the newer Event style compared to the Sport style being that the Event seems to be a little better made. Thanks again! I'm still interested in hearing folks opinions, So let it them!
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-04-11 9:00 AM (#23661 - in reply to #23640)

Veteran

You are welcome.. The year of the Extreme may not have bars on the windows but Exiss has bars that can be installed that drop just like the current models do.

Good luck with trailer shopping

packerpete
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-04-11 3:07 PM (#23684 - in reply to #23640)

Veteran

Well I don't know about the Extreme model, but if it's similar to the Event it'll be nice. The first Exiss I saw was the Sport, and I was underwhelmed...Then at the Horse Expo I discovered many different Exiss models. The Event I purchased came with insulation in the Horse compartment, MUCH better (stronger) windows and doors, a Spare tire, and a few other things I am forgetting at the moment.

SS and XT refer to surface treatment (smooth skin, white) and Extruded mill finish. The extruded surface (with ridges) is a bit stiffer siding, but may be prone to black or gray streaks. Personal preference I guess.

Check out the Exiss products online at their webpage http://www.exiss.com/

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)