'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Running Light Problem-Logan Trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-09 9:34 AM
3 replies, 4030 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

stevecohan
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-04-08 11:26 PM (#23595)
Subject: Running Light Problem-Logan Trailer

New User

Thanks to this forum I was advised to get a brake controller for my Navigator and I got the Prodigy as suggested. I had the additional harness that came with the Navigator and had the Prodigy dealer do the installation. Since the installation, the running lights and interior lights do not work on the trailer. The tail, brake and turn signals all work fine. I took it back to the installers and they put a test unit on the Navigator that showed everything was working. When I bought the trailer, everything worked while plugged into the sellers truck. Any suggestions?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
inWA
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-04-09 9:31 AM (#23607 - in reply to #23595)
Subject: RE: Running Light Problem-Logan Trailer

Veteran

You do realize that the installation of the brake controller does not or should not affect the wiring of the vehicle. Not all wiring is the same, although there is a standard the standard is not applied across the range of towing vehicles and trailers. If the lights all worked off the sellers truck one of the wires on yours on the plug has to be misplaced. Or perhaps the center which is normally a hot is not hooked up on and providing any voltage to those lights. Or as was in my case there are two switches and both have to be in the correct position to turn on the interior and loading lights. I spent about a half hour figuring that one out .
Easy way to get it figured out is haul the trailer over to the folks that did the install on the brake controller and show them. Hard way get a volt meter out and start traceing wires. Since your vehicle is a GMC product as is my truck, I would think that wireing is the same. My quess is that the some pins on the trailer plug is in different location. My hope here is that the folks that provided the brake controller are trailer forlks and understand these things.
inWA
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-04-09 9:34 AM (#23608 - in reply to #23595)

Veteran

Whoops brain fade yours is a Ford product.
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-04-09 9:34 AM (#23609 - in reply to #23595)

Expert

if you belive the "installers" about your Nav and due to the fact you said the "tail light" are working is sounds like the clearance/marker lights are on their own wire in the trailer.  id grab an external power source, battery charger or battery and some test leads, locate the marker light pin on the trailer plug(which is strange that the "tail light" works, the marker lights are generally on the same circuit) and try to trace it back to see where the problem is.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)