'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Battery isolator

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-08 12:45 PM
2 replies, 4045 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-04-07 1:36 PM (#23540)
Subject: Battery isolator

Extreme Veteran

Figured I'd ask this since I'm not to terribly sure it would be ok to do. I bought a dual battery isolator and have a question about hooking it up. My trailer has a distributin box from where the connector cable runs under the goosenck. From there I intend to run my charging line to my isolator and then to the batteries. I am going to be running a pair of group 24 batteries. Since my isolator is a dual battery type, is it ok to hook up one battery from one of the poles off the isolator and the other battery from the other pole off the isolator while having the batteries connected in parallel. (does that make any sense...?!?!) or should I just use one pole off the isolator to hook up to one battery. Both the batteries will be running to a Perko battery switch (it's a single battery switch) and then to my fuse block. I included an attachment to look at in case I confused anyone. Thanks for the help on this matter.

Safe Riding,
Todd
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-07 9:44 PM (#23554 - in reply to #23540)
Subject: RE: Battery isolator

Expert

Originally written by maccwall on 2005-04-07 1:36 PM

Figured I'd ask this since I'm not to terribly sure it would be ok to do. I bought a dual battery isolator and have a question about hooking it up. My trailer has a distributin box from where the connector cable runs under the goosenck. From there I intend to run my charging line to my isolator and then to the batteries. I am going to be running a pair of group 24 batteries. Since my isolator is a dual battery type, is it ok to hook up one battery from one of the poles off the isolator and the other battery from the other pole off the isolator while having the batteries connected in parallel. (does that make any sense...?!?!) or should I just use one pole off the isolator to hook up to one battery. Both the batteries will be running to a Perko battery switch (it's a single battery switch) and then to my fuse block. I included an attachment to look at in case I confused anyone. Thanks for the help on this matter.

Safe Riding,
Todd

I don't see the point of connecting the two positive terminals (red) together AND connecting each of them to an output terminal of the battery isolator switch. Your "battery isolator" doesn't (-:
If you break that connection between the two +'ves you'll have batt 1 or batt 2 to the distribution box - and perhaps "1 and 2" if your isolator has a position for that.

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2005-04-08 12:45 PM (#23579 - in reply to #23554)
Subject: RE: Battery isolator

Extreme Veteran

Hey reg.

I figured if anyone would answer it would be you. :) Thanks for the reply. I think, though, you might be reading my diagram backwards. The distribution box is coming from the 6-way connector connecting the truck to the trailer. Thats where my charge-line for the batteries is coming from and it's going to the isolator. I was just wondering if, since my isolator is a dual battery type, if it's correct to connect both batteries from the 2 seperate poles on the isolator (A and B) or should I just connect one battery from one pole of the isolator, all of this, mind you, for the charging of my house batteries which will be connected in parallel. It seems if I connect just one of the output poles to one of my batteries both will get charged but if I connect them from both output poles of the isolator (A and B) both batteries wil still charged as well. I just don't know if it would damage the isolator or cause a short or something like that. I'm leaning to just connecting one pole to one battery and going with that. I do up another diagram with the one pole connected to see what I'm talking about.

Safe Riding,
Todd
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World