'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Need opinions on Trail-et trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-10-25 9:42 PM
8 replies, 6067 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TWHorsewoman
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-03 9:29 PM (#23366)
Subject: Need opinions on Trail-et trailers

New User

Hi everyone-

My husband and I are buying our first horse trailer, and have the opportunity to get an excellent deal on a 2003 Trail-et New Yorker Spirit (straight-load walk-through, BP, ramp load, with dressing room and tack - all the bells and whistles - built on galvanized steel frame with aluminum skin and fiberglass roof).  It is actually a brand new 2003 that was never sold, and the dealer is willing to take a beating on price to move it off his lot. 

What opinions do you have on Trail-et?  Good points? Bad points?  Suggestions as to what we should be willing to pay for a new, but older, trailer like this? 

We will be pulling it with a 2005 Nissan Armada, rated to pull 9100 lbs.  I know, that's not realistic, but I don't think we'll ever even come close to that.  We have two Walking Horses, 1150 and 1200 lbs, respectively.  Any comments on this trailer with this tow vehicle? 

Any and all comments, both good and bad, appreciated.  We're rookies at this!  Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
candace
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-04-04 8:56 AM (#23385 - in reply to #23366)
Subject: RE: Need opinions on Trail-et trailers

I HAVE A 2001 BUMPER PULL TRAILER THAT IS TRAIL-ET.  IT IS A 2 HORSE SLANT LOAD WITH REAR TACK AND GOOD SIZED DRESSING ROOM.  I REALLY LIKE IT AND WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR A TRAILER THIS WAS THE BEST PRICE WITH ALL THE INTERIOR PADDING FOR THE HORSE AND THE BEST ROOM.  THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ABOUT MINE IS IT IS ON THE NARROW SIDE FOR A SLANT LOAD.  BUT YOU SAID YOURS WAS STRAIT LOAD.  I ALSO MADE THE BEST INVESTMENT ON ADDING AN AWNING.  IT IS REALLY HOT HERE IN MARYLAND AND I ALSO TIED MY HORSE UNDER IT TO KEEP HIM OUT OF THE SUN OR RAIN.  IT IS ALMOST THE FULL LENGTH O THE TRAILER AND WHAT A BONUS TO HAVE.  GOOD LUCK AND I THINK YOU;LL LIKE IT. 

inWA
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-04-04 5:41 PM (#23426 - in reply to #23366)

Veteran

We have a 86 Trail-et Baron BP, extra tall, extra wide for that year and it has held up very well and tows well. We do use a weight distributing hitch on it, would suggest you do the same. When we needed a newer trailer for showing again we went with Trail-et. This is because the BP has held up so well. Both of these trailers are set up for 17 hand warm bloods so are two horse straight loads. The BP is stored under cover and not for 18 years, and shows just minimal problems. Looking at the new one I can see where they have improved over the years. People talk about the aluminum skin and we cannot see any problems on the 86. As to the fiberglass roof people will talk about it but it is light does not hold heat in summer and is general easy to clean. In general they are a top of the line trailer from a company that when I call they are always willing to answer my questions.
Jbsny
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-04-04 6:51 PM (#23432 - in reply to #23426)

Extreme Veteran

I have two Trailets... an 84 Park Ave and a 94 New Yorker XLT.  I just bought the XLT because I wanted a trailer with a DR.  I love both of them, they haul well.

I agree about the WDH... I just set up the NY XLT with one today.  What a difference!!!!  Just hauled it home thinking... what a nice trailer!!!!

Have fun with it!!!!

Jbsny

ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-04-08 12:51 PM (#23580 - in reply to #23366)

Veteran

You can't go wrong with a Trail-et!  They are one of the oldest manufacturers around. I believe they have been around sence 1964.. You hardly ever see a used one for sale if you do, it really holds its value.. The  company really stands behind its trailers..

Good Choice!!!

dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2005-10-25 6:16 AM (#32271 - in reply to #23366)

Regular

I just purchased a 1999 trailet and am very happy with it.  It seems to be a very quality trailer.  I recommend using sway bars on the hitch.  I would buy another trailet. 
chase
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-10-25 9:27 AM (#32275 - in reply to #23366)

Great trailer and great resale value!
sskinner
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-10-25 9:43 AM (#32276 - in reply to #23366)

Regular

I have a 96 BP straight load and LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.  I plan on keeping it forever, even after we get a GN to camp in. I will agree that the slants can be narrow for larger horses, it was for that reason that relatives of mine upgraded out of their Trail-et GN/LQ for an 8 ft wide trailer.  Probably the best thing I love about mine is the large feed doors - much better than drop downs; you don't have to worry about a horse bumping his head, and the center divider removes quick as a wink.  I don't think you can go wrong buying a Trail-et, I see many older ones around here & they aren't showing their age at all.

Sarah

kjpalomino
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2005-10-25 9:42 PM (#32322 - in reply to #23366)

New User

We have a 2002 Trailet with 12 ft living quarters and we just love it! It has just been the greatest trailer for us. We  have it for sale now thought as the kids are getting out of showing. It makes us so sad to have to sell it. It has adult sized bunks,queen bed in the nose, a full bathroom with toliet, shower, and vanity. Custom tiling in kitchen and bathroom. It's a very nice trailer. I would buy one again. If anyone is interested in more info on this trailer you may email me. You sure can't go wrong with a Trailet!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)