'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Banks Power Products.....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-04 6:49 PM
9 replies, 5245 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Iowa NBHA Webmaster
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-03 10:23 AM (#23351)
Subject: Banks Power Products.....

Who has them and what do you think of them?  I am anxiously awaiting a Git-Kit for my 97 F-250 Powerstroke.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
SaddleSore
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-04-03 11:40 AM (#23353 - in reply to #23351)
Subject: RE: Banks Power Products.....

Regular

Banks products are waaaaay overpriced.You can get the same performance gains and spend less money if you piece it together from different manufacturers.Visit www.thedieselstop.com or www.fordtruckenthusiasts.com and you will hear the same thing.Also contact Dale Isley at www.tymarperformance.com ,his site isn't up yet,but you can get his e-mail address there and he's a wealth of information about the PSDs and performance parts.

SaddleSore

Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-03 2:28 PM (#23357 - in reply to #23353)

Expert

For hauling horses ?
You're probably not going to get "into it" anyway, gentle acceleration is GOOD.
General issues ?
Co$t, increased stress, higher exhaust temperature, higher fuel consumption, probably lower tire mileage, doubtful utility.
For impressing 10 to 14 year olds ?
OK if you can be sure of passing when they're actually there waiting for their (short) bus.

In other words, "why WOULD you ?"
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-04-03 4:50 PM (#23359 - in reply to #23351)

Expert

im going to agree with reg,  one of the main adavatages of a diesel is longevity.  if the manufacturer could get the same life out of that engine at that power level then they would come from the factory like that. JMHO
MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-03 9:00 PM (#23363 - in reply to #23351)

Elite Veteran

I like Edge for diesels, Superchips for gas engines. Edge is coming out with a new Attitude monitor with a backup camera. So you can monitor the engine, run tests and see where you are backing from one screen. Master Brake's BrakeSmart trailer brake controller digital screen can also come equiped with a pyro for exhaust temperature and an engine chip.
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-04 8:29 AM (#23382 - in reply to #23363)

Expert

Originally written by MrTruck on 2005-04-03 9:00 PM

I like Edge for diesels, Superchips for gas engines. Edge is coming out with a new Attitude monitor with a backup camera. So you can monitor the engine, run tests and see where you are backing from one screen. Master Brake's BrakeSmart trailer brake controller digital screen can also come equiped with a pyro for exhaust temperature and an engine chip.

I wanna...
Single color display about 4 inches square set up to show as nine (3 x 3) images or "scan" across;

GPS moving map.
Horse trailer cameras 1, 2 and 3.
back-up camaras 1 & 2.
Images received from cell phone.
Various engine performance and economy graphs.
DVD player.
Stuff I either havn't thought of or am not recalling right now.

Touch sensitive, flexible and mounted on the sun visor so I can flip it up and appear to be legal when stopped for being overweight due to all the other gadgets that I really WANNA HAVE !

I'd also like to go back to school for a post grad degree in gadgeteering.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-04 1:10 PM (#23408 - in reply to #23351)

Extreme Veteran

I have had no personal experience with them.  However, I know of one individual that installed a Banks Product and added the max power you could and ended up replacing his tranny.  I talked to him about it when I was considering adding it to my PSD and decided not to take the chance of tearing up my truck more than normal wear and tear would.  Afterall, when you get down to it, unless you are hauling a heavy load, the engine should have all the power and performance that you need.  Granted you might not take off from the line as fast and won't be able to fly up all the hills, but you should be able to pull the load and make it just fine. 
RichB
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-04 1:32 PM (#23411 - in reply to #23351)

Extreme Veteran

I was gonna say, why do you need more power but then I noticed you had a Powerstroke.......Just joking.  OK, bring it on now, I'm ready.   

I decided not to add power but considered Banks at one time.     I have heard the same things about Banks, good product, just overpriced.

MrTruck
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-04 1:37 PM (#23412 - in reply to #23351)

Elite Veteran

I work with national distributors of truck aftermarket products and being from Colorado and seeing so many modifed trucks here to get more power to tow over the 11,000 ft passes threw the Rockies, I'm seeing that the majority of diesel performance products are sold in Colorado and Utah. I thought I'd see more in Texas as the #1 truck buying state, but it hasn't taken off as much yet. But the demand for diesel performance products is growing faster than the other truck segments.

I was supprised when I was at the Quarter Horse Congress in Ohio, sitting at the entrance talking about Quadrasteers and Centramatic automatic wheel balancers, I had all these signs and banners up and when I would open my laptop to check emails and go to the forum here, folks would stop by more often because I had a big Superchips sticker on the back of the laptop. People where interested in more power for their diesels. Out west when you go to like the National Western Stock Show, you see alot of booths for truck performance, more so than back East. I have to get a booth at Congress and bring Superchips, Edge and aFe and help corrupt the rest of the country. MrTrailer's truck is stock, I'll have to work on him and get him propane and water injection, 5" exhaust, could do a makeover series for TV, I think Mr. Mattern had the idea of taking a beatup old truck and transform into a fire breathing hot rod.

Cummins Power
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-04-04 6:49 PM (#23431 - in reply to #23351)

I've heard too many bad things with banks. They are way over priced, they do not stand behind there product like they should (stories i have heard personally).

A good safe chip is the Edge EZ. I like this chip a lot except for one thing... its a pressure box. It increases the rail pressure and after time your injectors take a crap. duration and timing boxes are your best bet. The new Edge A2 looks pretty sweet, have to give it time after it comes out though.

I personally like the new Quad Xzillaraiders. Very nice setup

TONS AND TONS of aftermarket chips, boxes, tuners, programers  just searching for the right one is a pain...

just remember let your truck breath in and out! get yourself a better intake (afe's are really good) and open up that exhaust!!!!!

and please put some gauges in your truck! EGT (pre-turbo is a lot more accurate), boost gauge, and for you auto owners get a trans temp gauge. another good gauge to get is a fuel pressure gauge...

just my .02 of some tid bits of advice take it or leave it

happy hauling w/ more POWER

Eric

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'