'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions! Towlite steel horse trailer.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-13 7:31 AM
5 replies, 8409 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-03-30 9:59 AM (#23172)
Subject: Opinions! Towlite steel horse trailer.

Regular

I have found a 1998 steel towlite three horse trailer with living quarters that I like, but I have found almost no information on this brand of trailer. I have even looked at past forums and still very little information. I was really wanting an aluminum or aluminum over steel trailer, but the price seems right for this one. Do any of you have any comments or feedback on this brand of trailer? They don't seem to have a webpage that I can find, but if someone out there knows of one, let me know. Whatever info will be appreciated. Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
duckmaniak
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-03-30 6:31 PM (#23216 - in reply to #23172)
Subject: RE: Opinions! Towlite steel horse trailer.

My friend has one without LQ and she loves it. I have noticed a little rust here and there, but nothing major for a steel trailer. They also make a Aluminum skin/Steel framed trailer too. Their website is

http://centralarkansastrailerworld.com/towlite.asp

Good luck,
Duck
RbarL
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-03-31 4:03 PM (#23258 - in reply to #23172)

Regular

We used to own one. We bought it new.We went to Towlite and talked straight to Todd Patton. He worked with us and we basically custom ordered it. It was a 3 horse with a dressing room and an AC. We loved it. This was a few years ago and his business has really grown. We only sold it because we wanted bigger people space. We lived in AR at the time and they are all over the place there. PM me if you have any other questions.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-12 11:40 PM (#23769 - in reply to #23172)

Expert

LazyDay-I bought a new Towlite 2000 steel 3H GN.Just traded it on  a LQ,and hated to see it go.The dealer has it priced waaay up there,because I got a good deal on it.I've dealt with Todd directly.His business has grown,as was said,he's now dealer for Platinums and Bloomers.He still has Towlite trailers and IMO they are an excellent trailer.When we took it for wheel bearing re-packing,the man who does all our trailer work said he sees a lot of high $ trailers that didn't have the axles and workmanship underneath of the Towlite.It's a good looking trailer,too.Sharp graphics and appearance.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-13 12:11 AM (#23771 - in reply to #23172)

Expert

I've been following your trailer shopping posts.  My $.02999 (inflation)  Don't put so much weight on the name brand.  In the age of the trailers youve been asking about, the warranty is gone.  The condition of the trailer is paramount over everything.  I have seen 15 year old trailers in better shape than 3 year old trailers.  Owner care and use made the difference.  The brandname is really how well the customer support works after the initial sale.

Do a very complete inspection.  Take a flashlight and crawl under the trailers.  You'll soon learn what holds up and what doesn't.  Trailers are generally built of standard parts.  You'll develope a lot of confidence in yourself and your eventual trailer choice. 

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-04-13 7:31 AM (#23782 - in reply to #23172)

Regular

Thanks for the advise. I'm not really looking at certain brands. I'm just looking for a real bargain and I just happened to come accross those perticular brands of trailers that seem to fit the bill financially. Since most of the trailers that I have come accross are too far to just take a look I have been trying to learn as much as I can from the folks out there. Age and Brand are unimportant, but condition is. Thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)