'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
To Dually or Not to Dually

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-08 7:05 PM
26 replies, 8395 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

HOGMAN
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-03-29 3:36 PM (#23142 - in reply to #23141)
Subject: RE: To Dually or Not to Dually

Your talking apples and oranges and you didn't address the comment. The comment addressed the effect the larger tires have on the weight capacity of the truck and effect on the final drive ratio of the larger tires.
That's common sense.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rimshoes
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-08 7:05 PM (#23589 - in reply to #23010)
Subject: RE: To Dually or Not to Dually

Extreme Veteran

In case you forgot here is your post.

Originally written by HOGMAN on 2005-03-25 9:44 AM

If you are hauling trailer(s) heavy enough to cause excess wear on the tires you either have to be hauling very heavy loads or the rear end is out of alignment. Assuming it's the load causing the problem you would have to assume that you're at or above the truck's capacity. Adding larger tires is not going to increase the capacity of the truck. And adding the larger tires to a truck that is already carrying a heavy load don't help the problem of final drive gear ratio. Sounds like you have a catch 22 on your hands.

What was it I did not address ?

If you are going to come to a battle of wits you need to have at least a few rounds of ammunition. Usually people with your ego have a problem with this forum.

I have had the speedo corrected at a Ford dealer for the size tires I have. My gear ratio is 4:10 with a limited slip so the ratio is only going to HELP the engine not hurt it and improve gas milage !! I am a advocate of NEVER over hauling a truck. I never go over the weight limit of any truck when I haul. Go back and look at my posts.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)