'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for other solo ladies to ride with on non-gated horse from middle TN area.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-05-21 9:39 PM
11 replies, 4344 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm. TN
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-02-19 5:23 PM (#20941)
Subject: Looking for other solo ladies to ride with on non-gated horse from middle TN area.

Regular

First, there is nothing wrong with gated horses. I have an older semi-retired saddle horse, it's just that my little Paint can't keep up with them. Now that said, I was just wondering if there are any other ladies out there that are single or like me, who have a hubby that is not in to riding and who enjoy going on leasurely rides. Gated horses are also fine, as long as they walk at a Quarter horse pace. I'm looking for people to meet up with and  go riding at camping areas. I'm board with day rides around here and I would like to start exploring more. I'm not a dare devil like I used to be in my younger days, so I'm looking for people who actually just like to enjoy the scenery at a lesiurely pace. No cliffs or major mountain riding for me anymore, just nice trails to walk, trot and do a bit of controlled cantering. I've had several major spills in my past, so now I just like to take it easy. I live about 50 mile east of Nashville. What I would really like to do is be able to meet up with people in the area and then go as a group, just in case there are any problems along the way. As they say, there is comfort in numbers. Anyway, If there are other ladies out there who would be interested, please post and maybe we can work a few rides out over the summer.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
walkin
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-02-20 7:14 AM (#20962 - in reply to #20941)
Subject: RE: Looking for other solo ladies to ride with on non-gated horse from middle TN area.

Elite Veteran

I'd like to ride with a group like yours, except I live to far away.-MD.  I ride a gaited horse, but he is qh slow.  I can't ride with other gaiteds, he is so slow.  I also condition endurance horses, so I don't ride fast unless I'm doing that!
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-02-20 10:57 AM (#20973 - in reply to #20941)
Subject: RE: Looking for other solo ladies to ride with on non-gated horse from middle TN area.

Veteran

wish you were closer I would love to have someone to ride with when my husband is working or not in the mood to ride.
Happy Safe Trails
Shari
PaintGal
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-02-20 2:29 PM (#20979 - in reply to #20941)

Regular

I'm in southern Indiana and am also looking for others to ride with.  I've made a few friends from an email list made up of primarily people that live in or ride in Indiana and we're getting together a few times this season.   All of us ride Paints, QHs or Apps so we get to look at all the scenery!

Good luck finding riding buds.  If you ever decide to take a road trip north, let me know!

N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-02-21 10:15 PM (#21118 - in reply to #20941)

Elite Veteran

I'm just north of Birmingham Alabama, PM me and we'll chat some

Nancy

element
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-02-22 2:00 PM (#21152 - in reply to #20941)

Veteran

I would love to go riding sometime. We are in Northern Georgia and my husband does not really care about riding. PM me and see if we can get together.
Keepsake
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-03-15 11:20 PM (#22539 - in reply to #20941)

Hi where in Tennessee are you?  I live in Southern Kentucky and I love trail riding. My family and I go to Wrangler camp together once or twice a year, but none of my children love riding like I do and my husband has never ridden but he loves camping and cooking so it works out for us. I would love to join up and ride from time to time. I own a 21 yr. old 14.2 hand Quarter horse and have her daughter a 3 year old that I will start under saddle this year.  Email me at derbydaykeepsake@yahoo.com and we will talk. LaVonne
sundance's girl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-04 1:26 PM (#23410 - in reply to #20941)

Hi!  I'm from east central Indiana and actually a group of friends and friends of friends and strangers that aren't known serial killers try to get together every spring and fall for a "woman's ride" weekend.  We have gone to southern Indiana, illinois, and this spring we are going to eastern Ohio.  I am guessing that PM means personal message and also guessing that I could figure that out if someone did that back to me that wanted more info.  (New to the forum)  Most of us are willing to travel within a 4-5 hour window from home, about a hour north of Indy, for a good weekend trip.
trailady
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-14 2:30 PM (#23844 - in reply to #20941)

hi. I am in northern south carolina and have ridden solo/camped solo .  dont know how far the haul would be but, uwharrie national at troy north carolina is a great place for solo ladies at the canebrake camp. the host is  very informed, lady that will ride with you and make sure you are back before dark, and the serenity campgd. at  the yadkin river trail south of mt. pilot is great place- you are always welcome to ride out with the groups on the weekends.  both great places/ reasonable rates/ good horse people. 

have a great ride!

sundance's girl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-04-25 11:37 PM (#24304 - in reply to #23844)

Update:  we've changed our minds on wherewe are going, (side effect of being a woman's ride I guess.)  Anyway now we're going to southern Indiana, closer to home and more people can go that way.  The more the merrier, let me know if anyone is interested or has questions. 
trailady
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2005-05-01 5:37 PM (#24557 - in reply to #21152)

hi elementfinally got to slow down a bit. think when you sent me the email about riding -I was headed to wisconsin to pick up a horse trailer (not mine, unfortunately) I hope to be riding at a number of different places this summer. the job i have is four days on then 4 off- so I take off whenever possible to ride and camp. how far would the haul be for you to troy or morganton-these are both good places to camp. also known as south mountains state park and uwharrie state park. hope to ride down close to the georgia line soon- think the place is whetstone? will have to check that a little closer.
Betsy
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-05-21 9:39 PM (#25435 - in reply to #20941)

I just found this forum and read your post about finding riding partners. It sounds like your riding style is similar to mine. I will be camping and riding at Big South Fork for a few days starting May 31 (Tuesday). I will be camping with a couple of friends, and we would be happy to have you join us. If you are interested, feel free to contact me privately at jflynn@kih.net
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)