'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Selling what we just bought

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-07-19 7:20 AM
1 replies, 1470 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

1999sundowner
Reg. Jul 2021
Posted 2021-07-18 2:39 PM (#174643)
Subject: Selling what we just bought

My husband towed home a beautiful 4 horse yesterday afternoon, thinking he was doing me a favor surprising me. Unfortunately the trailer is much too short for our horses and not at all what we need. After many Facebook ads, I have a buyer but I’m not sure what to do. The seller already filled out her DMV paperwork with my husbands name as buyer and the amount we paid but we have not done anything yet. Could someone instruct me on what to do for this buyer? When they come buy the trailer from us should I fill out DMV paperwork first? Or can this woman who wants to buy it just put her name and take it to the dmv?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tobruk
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2021-07-19 7:20 AM (#174696 - in reply to #174643)
Subject: RE: Selling what we just bought

Veteran

Since you're not a dealer, you probably have to take the title to the DMV and register it in your name and pay the sales tax.  Then, you'll have a clean title with which you can transfer to the new buyer.  Call your DMV, you might be able to do it in one trip with a signed affadivit to the new owner.  You cannot transfer to another individual with just a title signed over to you.  Only dealers can transfer multiple times on a title in most states.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)