'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Low Ground Clearance Weight Distribution Hitch

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-04-23 7:47 PM
0 replies, 1270 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

joybell
Reg. Apr 2021
Posted 2021-04-23 7:47 PM (#173653)
Subject: Low Ground Clearance Weight Distribution Hitch

We installed a Fastway/Equalizer Trunnion (square bar) weight distribution hitch. We had to get a longer shank because the one that came in the box did not go low enough. Trailer coupler height from the ground to the top of the coupler is only 16 inches. Top of truck receiver is 18". That's fine if you don't want to use a WDH.

I prefer to use one with my Tundra (1/2 ton) to haul my new Jamco 2 horse slant bumper pull with dressing room. It is 14 ft long, weighs 3600 lbs empty and has a tongue weight of 700 lbs empty.

The problem is ground clearance when installed. I only have about 3 inches clearance! I have looked at other makes of WDH models but they all have about the same depth.

The only other option I can think of is to get a welding shop to add bars to the top of the trailer frame and then mount a new coupler. My old Moritz came like that from the factory.

Edited by joybell 2021-04-23 7:49 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)