'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Horse trailer "blue book" value?????

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2022-02-24 7:48 AM
6 replies, 6247 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-02-09 7:53 PM (#173479)
Subject: Horse trailer "blue book" value?????

Regular

Has anyone used horse trailer blue book with good results?
Being self employed getting a load is hard enough as it is with having to deal with the ridiculous values from this book.

Using a finance company that only uses this book. The dealer sent information on a trailer, when the number come back I notice the wrong model was listed on the paperwork by mistake. The dealer corrected the information sent it back for an update and the number come back 2k lower! LMAO, how in the world does that happen? I even had my personal bank look it up on nada.com and the updated model shows 5k high value than the original model that was listed by mistake!

Working with a 2008 Sundowner 720, 8014 Signature Series 3 horse. The original invoice showed a 727 model.

Also found out this so-called "blue book" uses the same base price no matter which LQ package the trailer has. ie: if it is a 10' top of the line Outlaw package they use the same value as if it was a low end cheap package trailer!
Am I missing something???

Edited by BJMCFW 2021-02-09 7:54 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2021-02-10 8:41 AM (#173481 - in reply to #173479)
Subject: RE: Horse trailer "blue book" value?????

Elite Veteran

Nope. You aren't missing a thing. We are just such a small niche industry the big boys who calculate that aren't interested in spending the time to work it. You need to realize, there may have been only 30 of those specific trailers built that year. So by now, in any given year the trade volume is light and the "books" don't have a way to track it. For some years we reported our sales to NADA for their book. But they didn't have the proper listings to post, as you have seen. They said the volume was too low to get accurate data. And you can't get accurate data if you don't have the proper categories available. Chick:egg thing I reckon. 

Edited by RTSmith 2021-02-10 8:43 AM
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-02-10 10:10 AM (#173482 - in reply to #173481)

Regular

No clue what all of that means. The told me the base value of used trailer is listed, BUT when it comes to interior packages they use a base number!

Which not right because there is absolutely no way a cheap low end package has the same value of something like a Outlaw package! Hell they do not even add for generators, power awnings or anything! Just a basic price per LQ size!
At least in the car and truck business the book shows different options.

Not sure why leanders couldn't use comparable comps like they use for RV's.
The lender even mentioned that is how they used to get values until this blue book deal come out.

Looks like someone is making some money on the backend.
BJMCFW
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-02-10 7:15 PM (#173483 - in reply to #173479)

Regular

Well, looks like I have to take back some of the bad things I was thinking about this blue book deal!

Although the actual model/size was not actually listed there was other items that is listed that the lender did not take the time or effort to look at to determine the value!

I just find it hard to believe these companies do not know how to use these tool (books) they have access to use. Makes me wonder how many loans they miss out on getting because they do not know how to use the blue book!
Now after knowing how to use this blue book the trailer we are interested in is actually listed and with the correct details!

Looks like good news after all!????
Eltonbeals
Reg. Feb 2022
Posted 2022-02-17 5:10 PM (#185169 - in reply to #173479)

New User

I can not tell you the blue book value, but I am going to present another one. The straight line method spreads the cost evenly over the life of the asset, and is the most commonly used method due to its simplicity. For example, the annual depreciation deduction for a $10,000 horse trailer will be $2,000 ($10,000 / 5 years = $2,000/year).
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2022-02-22 9:50 PM (#185180 - in reply to #173479)

Elite Veteran

The Bluebook values on trailers (and cars and trucks) are in need of adjustments particularly in this supply line debacle we are currently facing.  We are evaluating and will update soon.

Dave Mattern - Owner
Horse Trailer World
Horse Trailer Blue Book
Eltonbeals
Reg. Feb 2022
Posted 2022-02-24 7:48 AM (#185187 - in reply to #173479)

New User

By the way, knowing values can, however, help with negotiations and also insurance evaluations. You have four options: search print and online ads; ask a trailer dealer; search a limited list on the National Automobile Dealers Association, or NADA; search for an essay about evaluations, or subscribe to Horse Trailer Blue Book services. So at 10 years of age, The Horse Trailer Blue Book considers average trailers are worth between 55 and 76 percent of their new price paid. After 10 years, their value depends on the manufacturer and construction type.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)