'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Shadow Trailers - Yay or Nay?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-01-30 11:00 AM
2 replies, 2571 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

pcash
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-01-27 8:16 AM (#173451)
Subject: Shadow Trailers - Yay or Nay?

New User

In my ongoing trailer search i'm faced with the decision of whether to buy a new, budget trailer like a Shadow for the same price as a 15 year old higher end brand trailer. Does anyone have personal experience with Shadow Trailers, specifically the Stablemate? Im having trouble finding reviews online -TIA!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2021-01-27 4:42 PM (#173452 - in reply to #173451)
Subject: RE: Shadow Trailers - Yay or Nay?

Expert

I've looked at some Shadow trailers. Like everything else, they build to a price point. Every buyer has to balance their price against the product features.

I suggest you look at several trailers and compare features and build details. I particularly look for corrosion resistant exterior fasteners. After a few years, rust is ugly.
mrarick
Reg. Mar 2017
Posted 2021-01-30 11:00 AM (#173457 - in reply to #173451)
Subject: RE: Shadow Trailers - Yay or Nay?

Agree with previous post, you get what you pay for. We love our 2014 3H GN Shadow with 9' SW. I think they make good tradeoffs on where to keep the cost and more importantly, the weight down. We pull ours with a beefed up F-150, albeit on flat Florida terrain. You can get any replacement part by calling the Shadow HQ.

Having said that, our next (hopefully last) trailer will be a larger, higher-end trailer, but I can't buy that until I get a bigger truck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)