'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cherokee Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-04-21 10:43 AM
14 replies, 15612 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Allen
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2004-12-13 10:15 AM (#17926)
Subject: Cherokee Trailers

Would like to get your opinions on the cherokee trailer

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2004-12-13 5:06 PM (#17953 - in reply to #17926)
Subject: RE: Cherokee Trailers

Extreme Veteran

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/search/results.asp

Lots of info here.

Durb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2004-12-14 10:48 PM (#17998 - in reply to #17926)

Veteran

We have had ours for the last 4-5 months. 3H GN. Invasion I really have no complaints. One minor problem only. Glass in dressing room door has become loose and slipped down out of postion.  Other than that it has been a good trailer.  We have a friend with the same trailer. She uses it every day for the last two years. No problems.  When looking at other trailers in the same price range.  Compare the floor structure.  

Edited by Durb 2004-12-14 10:51 PM
gbl
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2004-12-16 8:03 AM (#18019 - in reply to #17926)

We have had a Cherokee Invasion for about a year and a half if my memory serves me well.  We originally bought it from the dealer and had them install a sink, cowgirl shower, fold out bed, air conditioner, stereo, insulation and awning.  The person who did the add-ons for the dealer didn't do a great job....and doesn't do it anymore. 

We've used it to haul to about 15 rides since we've owned it.  These are distances up to 400 miles away.  We use it at least once or twice a week to go riding at local areas within 30 miles.  So far so good. 

We're currently having the interior redone.  Adding fridge, heater, cabinets, microwave, steps, and rewiring some lights.  It's amazing what they can fit into that thing.  The outfit that's doing it seems top notch, but we'll let you know how it works out.  If we had to do it again I think we'd buy it barebones and have them install everything.

We have heard that the stalls in the Cherokee are a little narrower than some of the others, but we can't tell, and don't know what's standard.  Our biggest horse is a 15-2 1200# quarter horse (big fat boy), fits fine and he doesn't complain about the space. 

Oh, one thing.  On the back side of the horses are the stock trailer like slots for windows.  It came with a darkened plexiglas that slides in the slots and it can take about 5 minutes to slide them in or take them out.  When it gets hot in the summer we just leave them out.  It gets pretty good air to the horses backsides and it works quite well, better than typical windows.  The disadvantage of them is it's not easy to just open or close a window and the inside of the trailer can get wet from the open windows when we have a good windy thunderstorm.  It's only a problem if you have bedding in the stalls, otherwise it's fine.

eventpony
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2004-12-28 1:00 PM (#18402 - in reply to #17998)

New User

I recently bought a new Cherokee Invasion.  Although it is brand new, never titled, it is a 2002 that I got from a dealer that no longer carries the Cherokee line.  I have 2 questions.  Is there a chance you could send me a picture of the left side of your trailer? I'd like to see your drop down windows and the rubber stoppers below them.  It appears to me that the rubber stopper which would keep the window from banging into the side of the trailer, is missing on the first stall front.  The rear two stall windows have these.   Although it is cold now, and I don't travel with the window open, it appears that if the window was left in the open (down) position, it would scratch the door.

Also, the windows on the left and right side of the gooseneck are different.  They are basically the same shape, but are of an entirely different design and finish from one another.  Is this the case with yours?  I didn't notice this until a few days after I got the trailer home. 

I called and emailed Cherokee 2 weeks ago, but have not had any luck in getting a return correspondance from their warranty person.  At least if I know what is "standard" with these trailers, I can better adjust my expectations.  Basically, I think the trailer is a good product for the price.  It hauls well and has a good collection of standard features.  The plastic lining on the stud partition, however, is pretty flimsy though.  The one in my trailer has already ripped and I have no idea how to fix it.  Any Suggestions!

Thanks for your help!

gbl
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2005-01-07 11:57 AM (#18758 - in reply to #17926)

Here's a picture of an Invasion you'll find at this website:

http://www.lakestrucktractortrailer.com/invasion.htm

My front stall window doesn't drop open like the back two stall windows.  It's on the door and it's just a sliding window like that shown on this picture.

Trailer guy
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-01-07 12:32 PM (#18761 - in reply to #17926)

Event Pony.......The different size windows are because the one on the curb side is your kick-out window for emergency exit
eventpony
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-01-08 7:29 PM (#18814 - in reply to #18758)

New User

Thanks for your note.  I double checked mine, and the window in the escape door does drop down.  Perhaps yours is a different model year?
Durb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2005-01-09 2:32 AM (#18824 - in reply to #17926)

Veteran

I have a 3H invasion. The one window on the passenger side (on the truck) is a escape window It will be different to exit in case of an emergency.

The drop down window in the third stall (in the escape door) should have a rubber bumper to allow drop down window to secure in place like the others. The drop down window in this door is an extra. The dealer likely ordered it or added himself.  The dealer I bought mine from had them ordered with the drop down. Mine has the bumper to secure the window in place. I am sure the dealer or manufacture can send you out one out to to rivet in place.

As far as the trailer.  I only have had one minor thing go wrong.  The glass in the dressing room door has slipped down out of postion from the frame. have not had time to fix it myself or take it in. The local RV place told me that this is not uncommon with the RV type doors.    I think the trailer construction is good overall.  I looked at alot of different trailers and I thought this was one of the better built with alot of extras for the money.

Just my .02

Edited by Durb 2005-01-09 2:38 AM
Trailer guy
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-01-10 8:41 AM (#18840 - in reply to #17926)

EVENTPONY, In your orginial post you asked about the window size in the gooseneck.  That is what I was answering regarding the escape window and the different sizes.  As far as the window size in the escape door you are correct it is a different size.  Check most of your major mfg. and you will notice they are this way(Most not All).  This is due to the size of the door and not enough space to put a full size drop down.  You are also correct about the rubbber hold back, you should have one.  Contact the factory and I am sure they will send you one.  They attach with rivets so ask for them also.
tjbrune
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-01-10 11:46 AM (#18849 - in reply to #17926)

hello all,

i've really enjoyed the info here, and though I know my knowledge is limited, I have yet to be made to feel stupid or not wanted here..........thanx

I just bought a 4H GN Cherokee Invasion with 4 1/2 ft short wall, removable rear centerpost, colapsable rear tack, emerg door / stud stall /panel. Same right side stock panel openings as opposed to windows. I still have the plexiglass in until spring. I have been very happy for 2000 miles of hauling already. The stalls seemed a little narrow to me also, but no complaints from the Equines, and they are similar to other trailers I looked at. I looked at a lot of trailers, and this one had a lot of versatility for other purposes with the removeable rear centerpost. I like the 45%-55% rear doors too. Only littke thing I noticed is the rear tack saddle racks are not deep enough for ny foam saddle pads to set without folding. But looking at it last night, the outer wall of the tack is wide enough to mount two cables or ropes to hang the pads on so I don't have to put them in the dressing room, or stand on the floor to get pee on. A very little thing. I almost had a problem with my 2005 F-350 4x4 dually being too high. I adjusted the telescoping goosneck all the way down, and it is very close to level with horses in the middle two stalls.

The window in my stud stall emerg exit door does not drop down, I didn't think they were supposed to in a stud stall ??? Everything seems very solid though, including the floor, for the money. Several of my friends have bought the Invasion in the past year or so, and all seem to like it.

Bought it at Bunkhouse Trailers in Brookshire, Texas. They do LQ build out there also. I know / ride with some of the craftsmen there, they do a very nice job from what I've seen, FWIW.

Trailer guy
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-01-10 12:23 PM (#18850 - in reply to #17926)

tjbrune,  The drop down window in the escape door is a dealer option.  Dealers order it both ways.  Remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.  We all learn from each other.
Allen
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-01-11 7:17 AM (#18872 - in reply to #18849)

Hello all

I agree everyone has been very helpful with information.We finnaly received our new 4h Tomahawk with a 7 1/2ft sw LQ  removable rear centerpost, colapsable rear tack, emerg door / stud stall /panel and we also bought ours at Bunkhouse trailers the craftsmanship is very nice I even spoke to the sales lady and was telling her i wanted to bring it back to add more options on the lq. I like the way that bunkhouse works with you to get what you want and not a premade package i made changes to their standard layout and every line i drew they were happy to work with me and never complained about how hard I was making it. Please let them guys know next time you see them my wife and I apreciate their hard work.

Allen

eventpony
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-04-16 9:26 PM (#23953 - in reply to #17926)

New User

I bought a new 3HGN Cherokee Invasion, in October of 2004.  It is a 2002 model, so had been on the lot a while.  The front divider (a stud divider) has proven to be a bit inconvenient and seems to have a manufacturing flaw or design flaw (not sure which it is), but nevertheless, I would like to replace it with a regular "half" divider.  What is the best way to purchase a divider?  Is there anywhere I can pick one up used?  Are there different designs for years other than 2002, or will a half-divider from any Invasion fit? There are no Cherokee dealers in my state.  Thanks for any help on this.

Trailer guy
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-04-21 10:43 AM (#24108 - in reply to #17926)

PLEASE CONTACT THE FACTORY AT 1-800=654-4967 and ask for John.  We will be glad to assist you with your problem
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)