'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Angle Iron livestock construction and holding tanks.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-03-25 4:33 PM
0 replies, 163 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rebar
Reg. Nov 2018
Posted 2019-03-25 4:33 PM (#172282)
Subject: Angle Iron livestock construction and holding tanks.

Ive been shopping for a trailer and talking to K&O in Hull Iowa. They'll build me the narrow track axle option I want, but I just noticed the majority of the trailer is built from angle iron. I imagine this is common and helps keep the floor low. But cargo trailers and campers Ive considered have hollow spots in the frame for tanks and utilities because they use C channel.

This K&O pace setter is built like a tank with 20 gauge skin, 7k straight axles etc, but I'm not envisioning allot of clearance/protection for holding tanks. Or maybe my problem is the tanks will be more visible and exposed. And I also don't want 2x10's, but 3/4 plywood floor, which is just to exposed and low again.

Will converting a 7x16 livestock trailer into a toyhauler with amenities be more challenging than a cargo trailer because of the low slung angle iron construction? How are weekends done, but I wont have space for a tanks inside..
I'm thinking converting it will be more challenging, because I will have to build a raised floor, but the trailer is better suited for the yukon highway or maybe south america.

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)