'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Life expectancy of LQ appliances, etc.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-04-22 8:09 AM
2 replies, 2986 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

clarkironkay
Reg. Feb 2015
Posted 2018-04-07 8:25 AM (#171490)
Subject: Life expectancy of LQ appliances, etc.

We are thinking of purchasing a larger LQ trailer so we can have some more breathing room and storage. We currently have a 7' wide 6.5 shortwall and want to go to an 8' with a shortwall in the 10-12' range (must fit in our barn). Since we really don't want to invest much more money, we realize that we will be going with an older trailer, which is OK with us. Our current trailer is 5 yrs old and we bought it virtually new (a few months old, pulled only 2 or 3 times). My question concerns the appliances, hot water heater, heating/cooling systems life expectancy. Thinking of looking at a 15 year old trailer that we like. The rooftop air was replaced last year. What about the rest - what should we expect? This particular trailer is owned by an individual, not a dealer. Not too concerned about structural since my husband is a welder, fabricator, mechanical guy who is quite capable of determining condition of the trailer itself.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cutter1999
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2018-04-07 1:04 PM (#171491 - in reply to #171490)
Subject: RE: Life expectancy of LQ appliances, etc.

Veteran

I just traded in a 2003 LQ trailer that had all the original appliances. They were all in good shape and worked well. LQ appliances as probably like anything else- if they are well maintained they last longer.

But, I will also say appliances are no longer built like they were before. My first washer and dryer lasted 25 years. My last washer barely made it to 5 years old when the motherboard gave out. It was cheaper to replace than to repair.
gliderider
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2018-04-22 8:09 AM (#171543 - in reply to #171490)
Subject: RE: Life expectancy of LQ appliances, etc.

Veteran

The refrigerator -if 3 way- is the most expensive to replace.  I suggest checking out the brand and model numbers you could google them.  The fridge in the used trailer I bought was only 3 years old and looked bran new inside - It never worked right from the start, if you live close enough light it and make sure it stays lit and can run more than a few days.  I  have had mine to at least 3 shops,  3 or more times to  a privet repair guy and spent more money on repairs, -,---small Norcold refrigerator in the past 10 years I could have bought a 2 new ones,  they recalled many many models except mine..Also expect to replace the co2 dedector. Several of the repair men said they only last 3 to 4 years, I have replaced mine twice in 10 years.  I went with a different brand this last time.  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)