'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Riser Wall Sofa/Couch

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2021-01-05 3:13 PM
4 replies, 5293 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cyberspacey
Reg. Sep 2012
Posted 2017-08-04 10:03 AM (#170355)
Subject: Riser Wall Sofa/Couch

I'm hoping to purchase a new (or new to me) LQ in the next few months. I'm quite liking the floor plans that have a sofa on the riser wall, with a stair step up to the bed. At my age, that just looks a whole lot safer than climbing (and lowering myself) from various steps on the front of the wall. I understand that I probably forego the option to get a slide-out if I put the sofa on the riser wall.

What are your thoughts/tips on configuring with a sofa on the riser wall and those normal-looking steps to the bed? Thanks in advance!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TwoBucksRanch
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2017-08-05 1:22 PM (#170357 - in reply to #170355)
Subject: RE: Riser Wall Sofa/Couch

My husband and I recently bought a LQ trailer and when shopping looked at that floor plan.  It is nice; it gives more room on the floor and it is really a nice layout BUT I felt like it was awkward getting in and out of the bed.  Plus, the person on the offside would have to crawl over the person sleeping next to the stair to get up during the night, which seems to happen for us on a regular basis.

?And depending on the way the wall is configured, it might be difficult to see the TV if you are on the far side.

?Having said that, you would just have to try one to see if it suits you.  I have found the ease of step up into the bed area varies significantly between manufacturers.  I don't want to struggle to get in and out of bed.  It seems like a small thing but for me it really impacts the comfort factor.  

?Possibly the ease of access for the side stairs also varies by brand, but that is why it is important to try before you buy.  Good luck.     
TLR
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2017-08-09 2:43 PM (#170367 - in reply to #170355)

Regular

My wife and I recently purchased a trailer such as you discribed. It is our 5th Trailer in About 20yrs and the best floor plan we have had to date.
The trailer also has a 9' slide w/dinette. This allows for a tremendous amount of floor space for us and 4 friends to to sit and visit on those rainy days. People are amazed ,saying we have room to hold a dance in the kitchen!
         I am over 70 and needed a safe way to enter and exit the sleeping area.. My wife is shorter and sleeps by the stairway. All she has to do is move her feet a little for me to get in and out. As far as the TV goes we have one in the sleeping area and another in the kithen. I can actually see both from bed. We enjoyed the trailer on our winter stay in Phoenix AZ last winter. Hope this sheds a little light on your question.

Mira
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2017-08-14 3:53 PM (#170382 - in reply to #170355)

Regular

I have friends that have a Lakota trailer and it has a slide and two sets of steps on either side of the riser wall!!!! But its also a huge trailer !

Mira 
lysagrey
Reg. Jan 2021
Posted 2021-01-05 3:13 PM (#173414 - in reply to #170355)

New User

Hey guys I just joined. So i was wondering if you did buy one of those riser wall sofas since I am currently in the process of doing some home renovations and one of the main problems that I have been facing was finding decent furniture. I know that it might sound weird but honestly it was easier to find a contractor during the pandemic than to agree with my partner what color sofa we want in our living room. And one of the reasons is probably the fact that furniture is expensive. I have been feeling kid of hopeless recently because I wanted like a bright sectional in the living room and even though he agreed for the splash of color it was a battle to find something that we like and that will not cost us a fortune. I have found a few options online that I really like; you guys can check them here: https://nyfurnitureoutlets.com/living-room-furniture/sofas-and-secti... but I would still appreciate any advice you guys have. Thank you so much in advance

Edited by lysagrey 2021-01-05 3:15 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)