'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! DON’T STAY HERE!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-08-28 7:32 AM
2 replies, 4221 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Karla Weber
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2016-08-27 5:29 PM (#168200)
Subject: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! DON’T STAY HERE!!!

We arrived and had camp site 11 reserved. Upon arrival, the owner named Jim checked us in and offered all types of information. He said that site 11 would need an extra long power cord and water hose. We told him we had one 30 amp cord and he said that if we needed extra cords or hoses, he would be happy to lend us some. It was nothing to worry about; he had anything we might need. We needed to worry about getting on the trails! He also said that he would bring some panels to divide our pen. With that reassurance, we happily paid cash…….BIG MISTAKE! None of the sites were marked, so it was difficult and time consuming going back and forth to the store to find our site location. Once we got the trailer parked, we discovered that he was correct, the electrical and water outlets were about 100’ away, and included crossing someone else’s trailer site which meant they would constantly be driving over it. At the electrical junction, there was 1 – 50 amp, 1 – 30 amp and 2 – 110 outlets which were shared between 2 sites. Another trailer showed up and hooked up to the 30 amp. Jim showed up with the panels to divide our horse pen about an hour and half after we arrived. I asked him for the additional electrical cabling that he said he would provide. He said he would look around and then left. After borrowing from everyone around us, we had 75’ and the 50 amp to 30 amp adapter, but still needed 25’. We decided after waiting approximately 3 hours with no help from Jim, we would drive into Rapid City and purchase another cable. We went back to the store and I asked Jim for directions. I asked him again if he had a cable we could borrow. He said he would look around. I told him it was supposed to get down to 37 degrees and we would like to have heat. He didn’t seem to care one way or the other. I said to him that he had mentioned earlier that he would supply us with a cable. He said he would look into it but he couldn’t guarantee anything and just stood there. I was the only person in the store. I asked if he could look now, so we didn’t have to go to Rapid City. He didn’t look anywhere and immediately said that he didn’t know where any were. I told him that if we go to Rapid City and are unable to locate one, he needed to find one. If he can’t help us, we would need to have a discussion about a partial refund because the site isn’t as advertised. His website states that each site has 30 amp, 50 amp and 110 and even though we were unable to hook up to it, we didn’t have those outlets. He smirked at me and said he never guaranteed ANYTHING! He only states on his website that he will provide electricity (This is NOT true). He said we could hook up to the 110. I told him that we couldn’t run the heat on 110 and he acted like he could have cared less. I told him that he WAS going to refund some money if he didn’t deliver what we paid for – once again I got a nasty laugh and smirk as he stated…. “We’ll see!” He drove past us several times while we were there and not even a look in our direction. I went to his store one day everything I looked at was out dated. Save yourself some aggravation….STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Also shared my experience with several of the locals around the area…none were surprised. I was told that he is VERY difficult to get along with. I didn’t meet anyone who had anything nice to say about him. I guess the previous owners were very nice and customer focused. I was also told that there used to be regulars, who now go elsewhere and if you are considering this place…YOU SHOULD TOO!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
clearwatercowboy
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2016-08-27 11:11 PM (#168202 - in reply to #168200)
Subject: RE: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! DON’T STAY HERE!!!

Ahhhhhhhh..... what in the hell am I missing here. DON"T STAY "Where" ??? I can't find the name of this "horrible" place anywhere on your entry.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2016-08-28 7:32 AM (#168205 - in reply to #168200)
Subject: RE: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! DON’T STAY HERE!!!

Elite Veteran

hehe. Sorry you had a bad experience, please tell us WHERE???? 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)