'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Anyone ever doubled up on horse trailer wall mats?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2016-07-14 12:33 PM
1 replies, 4362 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

g-dog
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2016-07-04 9:16 PM (#167461)
Subject: Anyone ever doubled up on horse trailer wall mats?

New to me Featherlite LQ...wall mats are very thin and head side mat is ( rear side also ) self tapped to wall. The problem is where it goes down and over fender the rubber does not fit tightly to wall and fender. There is an air gap on top of fender ( under mat ). Horse pawed first trip and is ripping the thin rubber. Was just going to self tap a thicker stall mat over thin piece that is already there. Any feedback would be great.Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
aceliberty
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2016-07-14 12:33 PM (#167589 - in reply to #167461)
Subject: RE: Anyone ever doubled up on horse trailer wall mats?

Extreme Veteran

I bought a new trailer a couple of years ago. Even though the side walls are plenty thick, one of the horses kicks the back wall every time we turn the last mile for home. I had my trailer dealer double the side mats on the side wall and back horse door with remnants he had. Each are about 12" high. I then used black Gorilla tape along the edges to keep manure and urine from running down the gaps. Anything will help keeping your trailer in good shape. Seems like the more I haul, the less the horses get busy feet.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)