'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Whole trailer caulking

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-05-20 5:47 PM
1 replies, 2713 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JustMary
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2014-05-20 1:14 AM (#159131)
Subject: Whole trailer caulking

Regular

Our trailer is a 4 Star 2004 model and is long over-due for a complete re-caulking. I know that a polyurethane product is recommended for this job, but could someone please name 1 or 2 specific (by brand and product) caulks that are suitable? I need to do everything: windows, laps, roof. Do I need a different (self-leveling) for the roof or can I use one product for the whole job? Our caulking now is very dry and falling apart. The trailer is stored under roof and has not been heavily used, but hope to hit the roads/trails more this year.I really appreciate any additional information.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
trbomax
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2014-05-20 5:47 PM (#159145 - in reply to #159131)
Subject: RE: Whole trailer caulking

Regular

The best RV caulk I have found is called "Super Stretch". This stuff sticks to anything and wont peel like silicone.When its dry you can stretch it out X 5 its original length I get atTru-Value.Comes in different colors.You will have to scrape out all the dry and cracked stuff no matter what you use. I do not work for them!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)