'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Removing dividers in trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-10-26 8:52 PM
4 replies, 8083 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

longearsruletwo
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2013-10-25 7:23 PM (#155541)
Subject: Removing dividers in trailer

Regular

I have a Hart 3 horse trailer and I am thinking about taking out the back divider.  My mule rubs his neck on the manger in the middle stall if he is in there any length of time.  I was just wondering how hard it is to take the dividers out or should I take it to a trailer place and let them do it.  The mules ride fine together so I don't really need the divider.  That would allow him to move his hind end over some to give him more room.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bloodtrail
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2013-10-26 6:41 AM (#155542 - in reply to #155541)
Subject: RE: Removing dividers in trailer

Regular

KG, are they not on some type of spring loaded pin that you can pull out?  We haven't taken dividers out of our current CM trailer, but the 2 mule slant CM trailer we had a few years back you could pull the hinge pins out to remove the dividers.  Might need a hammer to help coax the pin out by tapping up the bottom of the pin.  But, I've never looked in the back of your trailer before.  Get a smaller mule....Hank is a big boy!!  lol.

Mary 3jmmules

cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2013-10-26 8:45 AM (#155543 - in reply to #155541)

Extreme Veteran

I have a Hart and there are pins to just pull to remove the divider. The only thing I would be careful with is make sure there is nothing the mule can catch himself on and get hurt or cut. Harts are very "user friendly" trailers. I love the construction of mine. Very easy to take things out- like the dividers and rear tack- and put them back in!
longearsruletwo
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2013-10-26 10:37 AM (#155544 - in reply to #155541)

Regular

I am not giving Hank up Mary, lol.  If I could talk Lester into riding Marcell more there wouldn't be a problem, but he doesn't like riding him in crowds because Marcell wants in front and he gets tired of fighting him.  I guess I just learned to live with it when I was riding him.  The trailer has 2 hinges and then one hinge with the spring.  I tried once a few years ago and couldn't get it out so didn't know if there was a secret to it.  I was doing it by myself so maybe with some help it would be easier. Would you do the spring with the divider open or closed??  He doesn't rub it all the time but did it bad when we were coming back from Ok.  I guess he was tired of being in the trailer after the South Dakota trip, that was over 3,500 miles.
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2013-10-26 8:52 PM (#155552 - in reply to #155541)

Extreme Veteran

We have had a few Harts. Dividers were a little difficult to remove due the pin being very tight in the hinges. A pin punch and a BIG hammer with some patience, they do come out. I just left the spring out when I put them back in and had no problems. WD40 might sure help.

We took ours out several times a year and never had any issues.

Never had a problem with dividers out with the hinges protruding out.

Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)