'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
soft wall ceilings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-10-05 12:20 PM
2 replies, 3101 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

diamondweedo
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2013-10-05 8:18 AM (#155174)
Subject: soft wall ceilings

I know this has been talked about before I am sure .Just looking for some help and ideas please.Has anyone done soft touch on their ceilings and walls?That is our plan .We are trying to find a way to do this without screwing to fabric.I know we are going to glue to boards first then apply fabric and then put boards up.But trying to find a way you would not see nails or screws.Also our concerns were if we just put boards up first then apply fabric that fabric would not stay up for yrs to come and don't ever won't to redo .We will be using trailer in the cold and heat.Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.Thank you
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bhill
Reg. May 2013
Posted 2013-10-05 12:01 PM (#155176 - in reply to #155174)
Subject: RE: soft wall ceilings

Veteran

In all honesty I'm not sure simply gluing the fabric will hold for the long term. Our LQ has soft ceiling the manufacture used very nice hard wood furring strips to attach the fabric to the ceiling. You can also use decorative medallions rosettes or conchos if needed. If overhead lights are used those will also serve as a anchor point.
Bhill
Reg. May 2013
Posted 2013-10-05 12:20 PM (#155177 - in reply to #155174)
Subject: RE: soft wall ceilings

Veteran

In all honesty I'm not sure simply gluing the fabric will hold for the long term. Our LQ has soft ceiling the manufacture used very nice hard wood furring strips to attach the fabric to the ceiling. You can also use decorative medallions rosettes or conchos if needed. If overhead lights are used those will also serve as a anchor point.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)