'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Arkansas trail heads and camping

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-05-12 8:25 AM
2 replies, 4049 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2013-05-09 1:40 PM (#151860)
Subject: Arkansas trail heads and camping

Extreme Veteran

I am looking at some trail heads in Arkansas to explore and wondering about where to camp to access them. I do have a LQ, and a small BP, but I would like to know of camping with the LQ accessable to these trail heads, rather than taking the little trailer also to trailer in. Other option would be a cabin in a central location and trailer in with the BP. Looking at Caney Creek Wilderness, West, East and Buckeye trail heads. Viles Branch equestrian trail. Wolf Pen Gap (says Shady Lake and Caney Creek are close?). Bear Creek Trail close to Jessieville, Sugar Creek Trail, and the Kiamichi ridge road trails in Oklahoma off 259 at Big Cedar. Also I believe the Fourche Mountain Trail can be accessed from Idlenook? 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2013-05-10 10:55 PM (#151896 - in reply to #151860)
Subject: RE: Arkansas trail heads and camping

Expert

How big is your rig, and would you need there to be parking for a friend or two?  Some of these are little more than a turn around at the end of a road...

If you can get your hands on a guide to Arkansas trails for equine, by Betty Robinson, some of those questions are well answered in it...

Edited by flyinghfarm 2013-05-10 10:57 PM
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2013-05-12 8:25 AM (#151915 - in reply to #151860)
Subject: RE: Arkansas trail heads and camping

Extreme Veteran

Thank you. Yes a friend, two LQ's, both three horse with 10 ft short wall. Dont mind primitive camping, just dont want to get stuck or tear up the LQ getting in/out. Stuck as in sand, mud, or too small a spot. Got some info on Shady Lake camping yesterday.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)