'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
National Park rides

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-04-08 8:29 AM
2 replies, 3921 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cajunmuleman
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2013-04-07 4:03 PM (#151151)
Subject: National Park rides

Elite Veteran

A friend sent me the attached email that I thought may be of interest here------

This is a request for action. If you have ever ridden a mule in a National Park or would like to in the future, this should be of interest to you. Commercial outfitters offering rides in Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks are both being "re-evaluated", and most of the alternatives do not favor stock use. Since the difference in a commercial mule ride and a private mule ride is pretty slim, it is likely that all such use in all parks might be "re-evaluated" soon. Please take some time and submit comments on these plans to say that you want to have horse and mule riding available on your next visit to a National Park.

The plan for Yellowstone with link to a comment screen can be found here:

Please go to http://parkplanning.nps.gov/commentForm.cfm?documentID=50778 and leave comment to keep the day horseback rides in Yosemite Valley.

Please try to write your short letter and comments this week. Public comments will only be accepted for another 8-10 days

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
siseley
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2013-04-08 7:19 AM (#151165 - in reply to #151151)
Subject: RE: National Park rides

Extreme Veteran

Mule man;I have sent my comments to the link along with my feelings about the opening of the forests, and the foothills to mechanized transport. As we all know, horses and mules do not make loud noises, nor impact the trails and meadows like a narrow moto, or mountain bike tire. Not to mention the historical use of pack animals and the transport of humans to access the recreation areas. While the use of forests and deserts by pack and riding animals can impact the areas temporarily by over grazing, or trampling of grass or plants, the impact is marginal, and the is very temporary. Thanks for bringing this link to our attention for comment. I am a serious trail rider, and avid camper, so much of this is where I use the parks on the Kern Plateau of California.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2013-04-08 8:29 AM (#151168 - in reply to #151151)
Subject: RE: National Park rides

Expert

The above link is for Yosemite, But the same process is under way for Yellowstone. Although the public meetings for Yellowstone were all held in March.  They are dealing with the numbers of commercial guide trips into national park.

It's important for horse owners to let the Forest Service and Park Service know that use the trails.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)