'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Moving to PA

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-03-18 11:33 PM
6 replies, 4680 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rockin_horse72
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2013-03-08 9:15 PM (#150463)
Subject: Moving to PA

Veteran

Hey all! I'm moving to Hegins PA next month and was wondering if there is anyone in the area that could show me around the trails? Or even give me some info via computer. I don't know anyone out there and just want to learn where to ride and camp. Thanks in advance!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lepoo
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2013-03-11 7:29 AM (#150505 - in reply to #150463)
Subject: RE: Moving to PA

I have a good friend, who is also very resourceful, living in PA. I will check with her and get back to you... She lives in Damascus- I Don't know where that is in relation to Hegins, but she will... And I'll bet she can be of some help to you too. Linda
Lepoo
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2013-03-13 9:49 PM (#150562 - in reply to #150463)

Try HorseTrailDirectory.com. , also southern Wayne trail riders assn.Good luckLinda
slowrider
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2013-03-17 10:48 AM (#150607 - in reply to #150463)

Regular

Unfortunately, you won't find the horse accommodations in PA's State Parks that you have had in Ohio. On Facebook, try Internet Stable Mates. These are people from the exact area you are moving to. I think Weiser state forest is the area where you will be living. I am not as familiar with riding on that side of the Susquehanna River. For day riding, we enjoy the Bald Eagle State forest, http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/stateforests/baldeagle/maps/in... Also, contact the state forest offices for Bald Eagle, Weiser, Tiadaghton & Loyalsock State forests, and ask for horse trail maps, ATV maps or multi-use maps. We have found the folks in these offices to be very responsive to our inquiries. If you camp & ride,the Bridle Trail,in the Loyalsock State Forest, near Eagles Mere. It is where we camp & ride several times a year. http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/stateforests/loyalsock/maps/in...
Rockin_horse72
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2013-03-17 7:27 PM (#150624 - in reply to #150463)

Veteran

Thanks for the reply! I have searched the traildirectory, but was hoping to find a few places close to our farm for day rides also. Thank you slowrider for the fb info! I have joined the group and am hoping to meet a couple people from it. I also looked at loyalsock and it is only 2ish hrs from me, so I will definately be sure to ride up there!! Do they have a campground, or just the trail head?
slowrider
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2013-03-18 7:50 PM (#150655 - in reply to #150463)

Regular

There is a camping area. It is kind of a short side road off the main road, with camping along the side road. There is a pit toilet, and a covered picnic pavilion. However, the camping is free, all you need to do is call the forestry office & have them send you a permit. There are trail maps at the trailhead in the camping area, but sometimes they have all been taken, so ask the rangers to send a map along with your camping permit.
Rockin_horse72
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2013-03-18 11:33 PM (#150659 - in reply to #150463)

Veteran

Great! Thanks for all the advice! I have made a few contacts in my new area and can't wait for spring riding!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)