'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cutting and Mounted Shooting

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-04-23 10:11 AM
1 replies, 4218 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SaddleUp7
Reg. Feb 2013
Posted 2013-02-20 4:27 PM (#150048)
Subject: Cutting and Mounted Shooting

New User

So I am thinking I want to start looking at getting into Cutting and Mounted Shooting events. I am new to both and I apologize for this if it is a dumb question, but can the same horse be used for both? I am thinking they may be two different horses, trained in the different disciplines rather than the same horse doing both. Any insight to this?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ROCKIN'TK DECATUR
Reg. Mar 2013
Posted 2013-04-23 10:11 AM (#151504 - in reply to #150048)
Subject: RE: Cutting and Mounted Shooting

Originally written by SaddleUp7 on 2013-02-20 4:27 PM

So I am thinking I want to start looking at getting into Cutting and Mounted Shooting events. I am new to both and I apologize for this if it is a dumb question, but can the same horse be used for both? I am thinking they may be two different horses, trained in the different disciplines rather than the same horse doing both. Any insight to this?

Sorry I missed this when it was posted and hope I am not too late.....  We are well into Mounted Shooting and have been for going on 3 years now.  We started off doing roping, barrels, playday event and even Trail Challenge stuff and wanted to try Mounted Shooting.  Now we still do everything but roping and using the same horse for everything!  Some horse take right to the gun fire and some will not, we was lucky and the ones we use have ZERO issues with it.  However I do have a super rope horse that has nothing to do with shooting at all along with a nother dead broke horse that was we bought from a so-called trainer that we could not even draw a gun off of.  Come to find out this retard trainer jumped on the horse and just started shooting over his head right away.  My daughter has a cutting horse that she runs barrels on and now has started shooting as well and he is doing great.

Prertty much the hardest part is getting the horse patterned....

If you have not started yet let me know.  Depending on your location we may know someone that can help you get started.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)