'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Never used a full hook up...What do I need?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-06-05 5:08 AM
4 replies, 3647 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2012-06-04 5:47 PM (#144522)
Subject: Never used a full hook up...What do I need?

Extreme Veteran

I've had an LQ for a couple of years, we use it most every weekend in the summer at horse shows.  We have camped in the trailer but only at a facility that is power only.  The only place I have ever dumped is in the manure pile at our barn.  Next month we are going to a horse show that has "full hook ups" which I understand is water, sewer, and power so I need some help understanding what I might need that I don't have.

Power - I have this one covered as we have camped at sites with power only

Water - Usually I fill my water tank through a filler on the trailer but I know I also have a spot to put a hose.  Will there be a hydrant at the site?  Do I just run a hose and turn it on and I am good?  I seem to think that when city water is connected it comes in after the pump so the pump doesn't run?

Sewer - I have a hose but I have never used it, will I make a permanent connection or only dump when needed?

Anything else I may not have?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2012-06-04 6:23 PM (#144523 - in reply to #144522)
Subject: RE: Never used a full hook up...What do I need?

Elite Veteran

>> Next month we are going to a horse show that has "full hook ups" which I understand is water, sewer, and power Nice!>>Will there be a hydrant at the site? Do I just run a hose and turn it on and I am good? You might have an incoming city water line, check the outside of your trailer and if so, buy a water pressure regulator to protect your trailer's water lines from being blown out if the water pressure is too high.>>I seem to think that when city water is connected it comes in after the pump so the pump doesn't run?CORRECT! When hooked to a city water line,the pump will NOT run.>>Sewer - I have a hose but I have never used it, will I make a permanent connection or only dump when needed?You can hook up your hose if you want. But ONLY dump the black tank when it's FULL!! Do not leave the tank value open!! This will not only allow fumes from the septic tank back into your trailer, you also risk getting a dry black tank. Have fun!11
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2012-06-04 6:57 PM (#144526 - in reply to #144522)

Extreme Veteran

What IcePonyGodess said....and the nice thing about sewer is that you can leave your grey water tank open and don't have to worry about it filling up. Wait until just before you leave to dump your black water tank.  A full hook-up is a wonderful thing :)
lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2012-06-04 7:07 PM (#144527 - in reply to #144522)

Extreme Veteran

One other thing that is useful is a pressure regulator for your water hose. This will keep you from overloading you inside plumbing if the water hook-up has high pressure. You can pick one up at any RV place or even most WalMarts have them in their RV section. HAVE FUN!   

OOOPS  Just noticed this regulator was already mentioned...sorry to duplicate. 

Edited by lesliemal 2012-06-04 7:09 PM
blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2012-06-05 5:08 AM (#144540 - in reply to #144522)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for all of the info.  We are staying in a hotel and will just have the trailer on the grounds for a place to get out of the heat, to change, and maybe for a bathroom so I may just wait to dump when I get home since I already know the procedure there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)