Last Sunday,coming into a small town,it was so bad that my husband couldn't even give the truck any gas,it felt like it was going to bounce the hitch right off the ball!');"> He finally took it out of "towhaul" mode to make it stop.But,it can happen when it's not even in towhaul mode,too.Is this possibly a combo of the trailer brake control not being at the proper setting,or some tire issue? Thanks!"/>
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
The bucking bronco (Chevy)!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-09-20 11:13 PM
4 replies, 3807 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2011-09-18 10:31 PM (#137642)
Subject: The bucking bronco (Chevy)!

Expert

We have a duramax dually that we pull our 3H GN 12'SW LQ with.We had this trailer's axles blocked not long after we got it in 2007.
When we brake for a stop,(loaded or not),the worse bucking sensation will happen in this truck,it's downright scary sometimes.Last Sunday,coming into a small town,it was so bad that my husband couldn't even give the truck any gas,it felt like it was going to bounce the hitch right off the ball!57 He finally took it out of "towhaul" mode to make it stop.But,it can happen when it's not even in towhaul mode,too.
Is this possibly a combo of the trailer brake control not being at the proper setting,or some tire issue?
Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
fastguard
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2011-09-19 10:22 AM (#137656 - in reply to #137642)
Subject: RE: The bucking bronco (Chevy)!

Regular

we have had issues with this recently with a ford f350 and a big bison lq. bucked hard enough it popped out the rear lights on my dually fenders. turns out there was something loose in the trailer plug into the truck? another time it happened with an f250 and a smaller bison lq - and it still happens - with her newer f350. since the truck sits so high we are wondering if it is a load/ level issue? will be interesting to see how you get the issue fixed. the bucks we experienced were when the trailer was unloaded and they were pretty violent. i felt like a "passenger" and it wasn't a fun ride.
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2011-09-19 10:31 AM (#137657 - in reply to #137642)

Extreme Veteran

mine will buck on bumpy roads and alot seems to do with how I am loaded. Weight towards the rear of trailer or empty is worse
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2011-09-19 9:14 PM (#137683 - in reply to #137642)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2011-09-18 10:31 PM

We have a duramax dually that we pull our 3H GN 12'SW LQ with.We had this trailer's axles blocked not long after we got it in 2007.
When we brake for a stop,(loaded or not),the worse bucking sensation will happen in this truck,it's downright scary sometimes.Last Sunday,coming into a small town,it was so bad that my husband couldn't even give the truck any gas,it felt like it was going to bounce the hitch right off the ball!57 He finally took it out of "towhaul" mode to make it stop.But,it can happen when it's not even in towhaul mode,too.
Is this possibly a combo of the trailer brake control not being at the proper setting,or some tire issue?
Thanks!

What happens if you unplug the trailer and apply your brakes? If you get the same bouncing it is in the truck somewhere. It could be the brake controller pulsing the brakes. You very well could have a tight u joint. In fact the rear most u joint will cause this happen the easiest. You wont feel it empty.This will cause a huge shutter at slowdown if the joint is worn and rusted tight. This is greatly magnified if your drive shaft is multiple piece and uses a carrier bearing or two.

Edited by PaulChristenson 2011-09-19 9:15 PM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2011-09-20 11:13 PM (#137731 - in reply to #137683)

Expert

Thanks Paul.we never have tried it unplugged.It was unloaded this time when it happened,no horses or anything but clothing in the trailer.I think it has something to do with the trailer brake controller,myself.Husband thinks so too.I'll relay the message about the U Joint to him,but,this happened early on after we got the trailer and had it blocked,so,I don't think that is it,the truck was fairly new then,also.I know that U Joints can wear pretty quickly regardless,tho.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)