'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Anyone go to the MFTHBA show this week in MO??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-09-14 8:45 AM
3 replies, 3367 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2011-09-09 9:55 PM (#137370)
Subject: Anyone go to the MFTHBA show this week in MO??

Elite Veteran

Just wondering if anyone is at the Foxtrotter show in Ava, Mo, this week. We watched the versatility arena events for a while yesterday... then the front ring last night... it seemed to have fewer attendants, and fewer vendors... Any comments?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2011-09-12 1:18 PM (#137460 - in reply to #137370)
Subject: RE: Anyone go to the MFTHBA show this week in MO??

Extreme Veteran

Some friends of mine from West Plains were showing there.
mmry1257
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2011-09-13 1:27 PM (#137499 - in reply to #137370)

Regular

CJ, it was the same at Clinton Chuckwagon races, about 800 less equine and 4000 less campers this year. I also noticed 2/3 less vendors on the hill this year. Economy is really bad, hay supplies are low, feed is high,  you could tell ppl werent spending as much this year either. Hopefully it will get better.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2011-09-14 8:45 AM (#137513 - in reply to #137370)

Expert

THey have jacked up the rates for the vendors so much that nobody can afford to be up there,really.Our "bit" man,Williams,wasn't there this year.He told us last year that he probably would not return if things didn't improve.I noticed that Jim's Motors did not have a trailer there,and,they did not have an ad in the showbill any longer.I asked someone in the office and,apparently Jim's pulled their sponsorship.THey said that they didn't feel that it was doing them any good,and,I imagine it was just too expensive and not justifiable to bring a display trailer up there for a week.Scott takes trailers to the big QH shows,anyway,that was small potatoes for them and getting smaller.

I for one,am glad that their beer garden didn't do them much good.They never heed how the majority of members feel about an issue,they just go ahead and do it,D the feelings,full steam ahead,is how it's been and that kind of thinking has begun to show results.

Yes,the economy is still really bad,but,there are a lot of other World shows that are doing well.The association is in trouble and they've not helped themselves one iota and I don't care who doesn't like what I'm saying,either.Our breed of horse is suffering in part because of all of that crud.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)