'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
final decision on interior walls........

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-08-30 7:29 PM
5 replies, 4770 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-28 10:50 PM (#137085)
Subject: final decision on interior walls........

Extreme Veteran

I am ready to buy the products for the walls I think. It's a four foot short wall in a steel trailer.The short wall will be covered with cabinets. There will be an oak bench on each of two walls with wood cabinets over the oak bench on the long wall. I'll use the insulation recommended here (polyurethane). Under the cabinets, I will use quarter inch plywood (over the insulation). Because there is already quite a bit of wood in the little plan, I was thinking that the walls and ceiling should be the soft touch type vinyl.Assuming no one finds a problem with the preceding, this is where I get confused. I did find the Allante soft touch for sale by the yard ($23 per yard plus shipping for 54 inch wide vinyl). I'm wondering if there is a nice-looking similar product that is available in some store like a fabric store or handicrafts store or something hopefully somewhat cheaper. So, where do I go and what do I look for. Under the fabric, I could use the cheaper OSB 1/4 inch in thickness also?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-30 10:38 AM (#137130 - in reply to #137085)
Subject: RE: final decision on interior walls........

Extreme Veteran

Well, my wood product fell through. I had seen some sandply that I liked the looks of. When I researched it, though, it seems that it's not like a hardwood plywood, but is soft, dents easily and not suitable for staining.I just want a smooth, less grainy, cheaper, sheet product. When I saw that, it looked better to me than it is. I did find Allante on ebay for 17 per yard. Locally, I haven't found anything much cheaper than that - $14.50 for nice looking vinyl on sale from $21.50. I'll look at the marine vinyl before I make a decision. Someone had a picture of that plywood that was covered with vinyl that she used for her ceiling - looked nice, cheap and easy to install. There is just no Menards anywhere near me, and I don't find it locally.
illini
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2011-08-30 12:37 PM (#137133 - in reply to #137085)

Veteran

For our ceilings and some walls we also wanted the soft touch vinyl,but was not excited over the price. So we found some leather look vinyl from a local upholstrey shop,it looks like the soft touch vinyl it just does not have the cushion to it. We then used the 3M spray that he suggested and that ones on here also suggested. The other walls are oak veneer boards. We are almost done,very happy with the results.
Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-30 1:16 PM (#137134 - in reply to #137085)

Extreme Veteran

So, are the oak veneer boards 4x8 paneling? I know that's a rather dumb question, but I am somewhat confused even over the wood, or wood veneer wall covering.Thanks - and thanks for the information on your ceiling. Did you put the vinyl on the wood before you put the wood up?
illini
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2011-08-30 5:51 PM (#137139 - in reply to #137085)

Veteran

Our oak walls are 1/4" oak veneer plywood. We stained and poly. them to match the cabinets and the oak trim. The vinyl was put on 1/4"plywood that we spray glued.Than put into place.
Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-30 7:29 PM (#137140 - in reply to #137085)

Extreme Veteran

Oh, thank you!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World