'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
propane heater recommendations please

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-08-27 4:27 PM
4 replies, 4533 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-26 9:22 AM (#137030)
Subject: propane heater recommendations please

Extreme Veteran

Coleman outlet store is having a truckload sale this weekend. I was thinking of going and looking at propane heaters. Which heater would you recommend? Black Cat? or would you go with one that is a brand other than Coleman? Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HorseyHeidi
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2011-08-26 5:49 PM (#137036 - in reply to #137030)
Subject: RE: propane heater recommendations please

I had a buddy heater in my first 4sw trailer. It  worked well but got too hot overnight.  On our next trailer (6sw) we installed a small wall propane heater we got at Menards for $120. The best part is the thermostat that turns off & on all night to keep the temps consistant. Much better sleeping. Of course, always leave some windows open & have a CO2 alarm. Good Luck!
Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-26 10:50 PM (#137038 - in reply to #137030)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks. You know, I think I should look at other options and haven't so I think I'll wait. It sounds pretty good to have one that is installed in the way, and certainly having some features is a good thing. Thanks!
ornerie
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2011-08-27 11:22 AM (#137044 - in reply to #137030)

Regular

I have a buddy heater as well (got it at Cabelas) and it rocks. I've used it in my trailer (turn it on before bed to heat up the space, then turn it off, then back on before getting up so it toasts things up nicely in the AM) and I've used it in my canvas tent camping in the desert in Feb.

I am careful not to leave it on unattended, or if I'm sleeping, and be sure to have the ventilation the directions say (basically, as big as the burner is, you want that much window open. mine has a 6x6 burner, so I be sure to have at least 36" of window open (4 windows, each 8 inches tall, open an inch). overkill maybe, but I likes my oxygen ;)).

I'm also careful to store it with OUT the propane cylinder plugged in. just in case. I've had a propane stove explode on me and I'm not eager to repeat that experience.

stay warm! (tho with the weather lately it boggles the mind at remembering being COLD at night...)

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2011-08-27 4:27 PM (#137048 - in reply to #137030)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks! I don't really care how cold it gets at night, and wouldn't expect to have any heat on. Your plan would work well for me, I think. I agree with you about the carbon monoxide. My close friend got carbon monoxide poisoning in her house with a faulty furnace. A few months later she, a non-smoke, got lung cancer. That may have been purely coincidental, but it made a lasting impression on me.

Edited by Phoresic 2011-08-27 4:30 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)