'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
BEDLINER QUESTIONS / NEED INFO / GARD

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-04-21 8:39 PM
3 replies, 3452 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-04-21 3:30 PM (#133300)
Subject: BEDLINER QUESTIONS / NEED INFO / GARD

Expert

Some of our members have completed the DIY installation of the bed liner material in their aluminum trailers. The posted information is now a few years old, and should be updated. What I would like to know from those who have, along with those who have not yet completed the task, is what your thoughts are about the available information.

Did you find the instructions complete? Lacking? Confusing? Do/did you need any additional information about the process? What details can be included, to make the process more informative? What can be deleted? What's the best title for searching?

Since my original thread was posted, some materials have changed as well as their availability. It is my intention to redo the thread, updating it with more current info. I also think it might be more informative, if I also included related aluminum flooring repairs and respirator information into one thread, instead of the scattered threads now available.

Because I can no longer edit the thread after it's posted, it's pretty much a one shot deal to be correct with the first try. I would greatly appreciate your comments, and value your ideas and input. Our forum's family's insight, has made trailer ownership much easier and informative for many people. I have been greatly assisted with my own ownership, and I would like to contribute in any way I can.

Thank you in advance.   Gard

Edited by gard 2011-04-21 3:31 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-04-21 4:25 PM (#133303 - in reply to #133300)
Subject: RE: BEDLINER QUESTIONS / NEED INFO / GARD

Expert

Here's the last info:

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=12471&start=1

Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2011-04-21 5:17 PM (#133304 - in reply to #133300)

Extreme Veteran

I did it last summer and everything was a great help. Wouldn't of done it without your advice. We used Herculiner and got a long great. One thing I learned is that you really need to keep it stirred up as the rubber settles to the bottom really fast. Plan to do our stock trailer this summer. Thanks for the great help on this and everything else you do on this site!!!
jenn68
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-04-21 8:39 PM (#133313 - in reply to #133304)

New User

Your information was & is great,, but I would like to see some comments from those who have repaired their aluminum floors with an aluminum patch,, large or small. Or is that something that is even necessary,, we have about 15 1/2-1" holes & pitting along butt side,, this is in a trailer we just bought,, Note to Self "check the floor",, whats done is done,, want to know the best way to fix it. The floor seems sturdy,,but want to be safe. Will metal on metal corrode at a faster rate than normal?? Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)