'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pulling with a Class B van

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-04-15 3:50 PM
1 replies, 3284 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CDOR
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2011-04-15 11:41 AM (#133015)
Subject: Pulling with a Class B van

New User

As long as the engine and tow capacity are correct is there any real objection to pulling a horse trailer of the appropriate GVWR with an RV/van? I don't really need a truck to haul things so the van would have greater alternative uses. I'd really like to have something like a 14 foot stock trailer loaded with one horse in the back and a horse carriage in the front. Probably loading no more than 2000 but perhaps up to 2500 pounds on the trailer.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-04-15 3:50 PM (#133025 - in reply to #133015)
Subject: RE: Pulling with a Class B van

Expert

Should work fine with that load. The longer the van's wheelbase the better. I would definately consider the 3/4 and one ton vans, over the lighter halfs. Be aware, that you will easily get stuck, if you try any off roading with the rig. There are 4x4 conversion vans that overcome this obstacle, but are pricey.

We have a few club members that pull with vans, and like the comfort and under weather storage protection they provide. Make sure the motor is adequate for the task. Most vans are not equipped with the larger power plants, and will suffer on the hills when pulling.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)