'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
So I bought into the Vetericyn hype...

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-08-09 4:05 AM
30 replies, 18716 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

siseley
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2011-04-09 3:17 PM (#132818 - in reply to #132364)
Subject: RE: So I bought into the Vetericyn hype...

Extreme Veteran

I bought it for my mare when she ran into some old wire while trail riding. It worked WONDERS on healing the cuts, and since she is white, the scars are nor noticeable. I have used it on myself, and on both my Heeler Cattle dogs. It seems to heal the wounds sooner, and is very easy to apply in that there is no burn or sting.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
sdlepalpm
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2011-04-14 9:40 PM (#133001 - in reply to #132422)

Veteran

I am using Vetericyn right now on a foal and haven't noticed anything extra orninary just yet.  My husband uses it on any cut he has.  For rain rot I have used Shapey's MTG.  It stinks but healed it up within a week and the hair grew back fast.  My horse has a lot of white on him and I was bathing him often and because it was really hot out, I would just let him drip dry.  Even while camping after rides I would sponge his back off and let him be.  That was the reason for getting rain rot in the first place!  DO NOT OVER BATHE your horse and  make sure you dry them off as much as possible.  After I quite bathing often I haven't had rain rot for two years now.

cliffj59
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2011-04-19 3:43 PM (#133196 - in reply to #132364)

Regular

I bought some Vetericyn last year and havent needed it until now. I went to the pasture about 2 weeks ago and one of my riding mules looked like it had the mange on his chest and between his front legs. I got out the Vetericyn and sprayed him down and rubbed it in with my hand. Did the the same thing for a couple of days straight and now the hair has grown back and you cant hardly tell where it was at. So i'm assuming that it was the Vetericyn that cleared it up so quick, at least I hope it was as much as I had to pay for the small spray bottle of the stuff.

Thank goodness I havent had to try it on any cuts but I have it with me in the trailer just in case.

ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2011-05-26 2:27 PM (#134363 - in reply to #132364)

Elite Veteran

UPDATE ON RAINROT/SKIN ISSUES:I have been treating my TWH mare for some time now.. Currently on anihist feed supplement and MTG applied topically. Some times it looks better, sometimes worse. Right now it's worse. A friend of a friend's vet went to a seminar and one of the topics was these non-typical rainrot-type skin issues.. Per the seminar, these seem to be due to a mineral deficiency. Placing the horse on Growstrong feed supplement, and tubing a B12 paste x 7 days seems to have worked in their study.. I bought some this morning and am starting it today. I am keeping my fingers crossed.. I will keep ya'll updated.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2011-08-09 4:01 AM (#136575 - in reply to #132364)

Elite Veteran

Update: We seem to be on the back side of our skin issues. Currently on anihist, flax feed supplement, cowboy magic crud buster shampoo and spray and I started smearing an emollient cream (have alternately used corona, bag balm, and something from duravet that also has lanolin and vitamin e in it) over the places after I've bathed and treated them.. That, as much as anything seems to have helped the most.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2011-08-09 4:05 AM (#136576 - in reply to #132364)

Elite Veteran

I've forgotten.. how do you post pictures here from photobucket?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)