'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
duplicolor application

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-03 11:03 PM
4 replies, 3557 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Penejoe
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2010-08-31 9:15 AM (#124243)
Subject: duplicolor application

Regular

I know this subject as been visited so often you guys are prolly tired of it but here goes.......Chime in please Gard.......I plan on acid washing and applying bed liner to my trailer floor (per your instructions Gard) as soon as the weather cools off a bit. I was searching for the bed liner and saw that you can buy a spray for the duplicolor and was wanting to know if you guys think it would be okay instead of rolling it on???
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Penejoe
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2010-08-31 1:08 PM (#124257 - in reply to #124243)
Subject: RE: duplicolor application

Regular

Actually I meant a sprayer....that has a hose attached and goes down in the can>>>>>>sorry
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-09-03 9:24 AM (#124344 - in reply to #124243)

Expert

I routinely spray as many products as possible. The bed liner material is not one of them. To apply the coating, you only need to pour the product into a roller tray, and while using a roller with an attached handle, coat the flooring as if you were painting the floor of your house. It has a high solids content and has to be reduced to spray with most guns, other than an undercoating or fiberglass gell coating types. Spraying will involve more masking, prep and clean up time.

There are almost no fumes while rolling, a respirator would be necessary while spraying. The application time while rolling is about 15 minutes per coat, ( for a 3H trailer) about double that of spraying. Add in the clean up time, and spraying will probably take longer. Plus, instead of two coats while rolling, you would need additional spray coats for applying a thinned material, to effect an adequate thickness.

Your choice, but rolling is easy and less messy, with less material handling.  BOL

Penejoe
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2010-09-03 9:31 AM (#124346 - in reply to #124243)

Regular

Thanks Gard
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2010-09-03 11:03 PM (#124374 - in reply to #124243)

Elite Veteran

I recently did mine.. per Gard's instruction.  I used Herculiner because I could not find the duplicolor brand.  Mine went on fairly easy.  One thing about rolling is that the second and third coats are a little more difficult due to applying black liner over a black floor.  Have a method for rolling subsequent coats so as to be sure to cover it evenly.  Also, paint the floor seams and edges first.  I did the edges, but didn't think to do the seams first.  I saw scattered gleams at the seams when checking it by flashlight that night.  I went back over the seams specifically the next morning to ensure a good coat...  

Good luck! You'll be glad you did it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)