'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Replacing Batteries

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-15 11:19 AM
2 replies, 2725 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rosewood
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-08-15 9:28 AM (#123540)
Subject: Replacing Batteries

Hi all:  Another question.  This time re: buying replacement batteries.  I have tried a search on the site but haven't had much success.  If I've missed a thread I'm sorry!  Anyway,  have an exiss 3 horse sport with LQ.  Two batteries.  Both need replacing.  Have looked for info on line and am a little confused.  The current batteries are Deka Marine Master Dual Purpose Deep Cycle/Starting  CA @ 32 degrees 650  CCA @ 0 degrees 525.

What is your opinion on the best replacements for these.  We do not often depend solely on battery power for any length of time (max would be a weekend) and do have a generator we can use for recharging if we need to.  Also if I have my unit plugged in at home all the time should I turn the battery master switch to off to avoid over charging?

Thanks again for all your help.  This is our first season with this unit and you guys/gals have be so helpful.

Maryann

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-08-15 10:17 AM (#123542 - in reply to #123540)
Subject: RE: Replacing Batteries

Expert

I would replace them with batteries of similar specifications. They are available at auto parts stores, Wal Mart, Sears etc. When you compare prices, also compare the free replacement time periods of the warranties; the longer the better.

Some LQ owners who completely depend on the batteries for extended primitive camping, switch to golf cart batteries, two six volt batteries and the like, to extend the storage capacities. It doesn't sound as if that would be necessary in your case.

Yes, turn off the battery master switch when your trailer is plugged in for any extended time period. Before you next use the trailer, turn the switch on for a few hours before you unplug. The batteries will not greatly discharge in the short periods of downtime with the trailer.

rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2010-08-15 11:19 AM (#123548 - in reply to #123540)
Subject: RE: Replacing Batteries

Gard:  Thank you for that info.  I needed to know too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)