'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Suggestions for horse riding & camping in Colorado

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-27 10:33 AM
3 replies, 3259 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Toni L
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-08-12 7:55 PM (#123453)
Subject: Suggestions for horse riding & camping in Colorado

I am starting to plan my husband and I's big horse vacation for next year. We live in Iowa but our family reunion next year is going to be in Windsor, CO and therefore we would like to combine going to the reunion with a week long horse back riding trip. So, we are looking for suggestions of places we could go that would be within a days drive of Windsor. We would probably go to the reunion first to give our horses a break from the long trip and to have a few days to start to get used to the altitude change out there. Our first thought is the Estes Park area, but it doesn't have to be that area. We ride gaited horses and would like a weeks worth of riding to do, preferably from right out of camp rather than having to trailer to different places. We want to ride in the mountains and not out in the open flatter areas. We have a living quarters trailer and so would prefer a horse camp with water and electric hookups if at all possible. But, that's not a requirement.If anyone could give me some suggestions on great places to camp and ride in that general area, I would really appreciate it!Thanks in advance!Toni

Edited by Toni L 2010-08-12 7:58 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2010-08-26 11:59 AM (#124087 - in reply to #123453)
Subject: RE: Suggestions for horse riding & camping in Colorado

There is a trail riding club that has been around for a long time that I'm sure you could get info from. It's called The Parker Elizabeth Riding Club, or PERC. Try googling the name- they have a website. There are many places you could go- one I would suggest would be Kenosha Pass. You can camp up there, and there are many areas to ride from that location. It's on Highway 285 south of Denver- between Bailey and Fairplay. It's probably 2 hours from Windsor.

Good luck!

Par
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-08-26 2:59 PM (#124091 - in reply to #123453)

New User

We are heading for Winding River Resort in Grank Lake, CO the 2nd week of September. Check out their website: www.windingriverresirt.com
windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2010-08-27 10:33 AM (#124122 - in reply to #124091)

Originally written by Par on 2010-08-26 1:59 PM

We are heading for Winding River Resort in Grank Lake, CO the 2nd week of September. Check out their website: www.windingriverresirt.com[/QUOTE]

That's beautiful country, and the folks at Winding River are good people! You'll have a great time!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)