'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Living Quarter Window drain tracks and holes cleaned today.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-01 1:53 PM
1 replies, 3267 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2010-07-31 9:00 PM (#123052)
Subject: Living Quarter Window drain tracks and holes cleaned today.

Extreme Veteran

We were camping a few weekends back and there was a heavy rain.  Water poured into the LQ over the edges of the dinette window frame. Three towels and I had to raise the trailer to encourage the water to run further back. We were very concerned how often this has been happening while stored in the yard.

Today I removed all of the weather stripping and channel rails (Lift and pull firmly) and the sliding windows and screens. (I have sliding bus style windows)

There are weep holes on the bottom tracks that drain the water as it comes down the windows and goes into the interior tracks.

My tracks were full of pollen bugs and dirt.  I used a hoof pick brush seemed to work like a charm.  (I kept everything dry while I cleaned) and used a shop vac to clear the tracks as I brushed.  I scrubbed all the plastic tracks and weather stripping with soap and water set these aside to dry.

I even added a few more weep holes based on the same design that was already there.  I did this on all my LQ windows, all were clogged and dirty.

When I finished I tested with a strong flow of water from a hose I noticed that the window tracks filled up but they now drained quickly, and did not overflow into the LQ.

I have noticed a few posts regarding mold and muffy smells.  I am curious how many LQ windows need this maintenance.  And further I would certainly like my next trailer to have an improved water tight window, if they exist.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2010-08-01 1:53 PM (#123071 - in reply to #123052)
Subject: RE: Living Quarter Window drain tracks and holes cleaned today.

Expert

That is a good thing,plus,anytime I've had trouble getting those slider windows to slide right,I've cleaned the tracks out,and,they'll sure work a lot better.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)