'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sundowner 777 Questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-28 11:31 PM
0 replies, 2277 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

raave05
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-07-28 11:31 PM (#122941)
Subject: Sundowner 777 Questions

New User

Hello -

I am looking at a 2004 Sundowner 777 BP with DR. The trailer is a very good price, but it also quite a long way away from me, so all of my dealings have to be done via phone and email before I decide whether or not to go get it.

Two things have come up in looking at this that I was hoping to get your opinions on:

1. There is significant rust to the jack/and coupler, as well as a very small amount of rust on the underside of the frame. This trailer was in a climate where salt would have been used during the winters, which I attribute the issue to. My question is - how easy is it to remove the rust, especially on the underside. To put it in perspective, it is only around a 6-9 inch long rust spot around the welding point with the floor, and probaby 1/2 inch wide.

2. This trailer has the stainless steel accents on the side that go about half way up the trailer side. Does anyone have experience with how this affects the heat both inside and outside the trailer? I am worried that down in Texas this could act like an oven if the horses are tied up next to it for any amount of time.

Thanks in advance
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)