'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Black streaks on my trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-03 7:30 PM
5 replies, 3915 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

kcassel
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-28 7:16 AM (#119461)
Subject: Black streaks on my trailer

New User

What is the safest product to use on the black streaks on my trailer?  I don't want to harm the finish in any way.  Anyone help!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-04-28 8:23 AM (#119462 - in reply to #119461)
Subject: RE: Black streaks on my trailer

Expert

Go to the SEARCH function and enter "black streaks" for the last year. You will find a page full of thread replies
BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2010-04-28 7:49 PM (#119490 - in reply to #119461)

Extreme Veteran

Yupper Lots of info on black streaks here.

I purchased the StreakMaster products last year and if handled correctly they are very effective.

Just a few days ago while I was walking thru Wallys I picked up a spray bottle of concentrated Purple Power.  I just spot checked it today, seemed to work like a charm.

My thing that I learned is that a soft rag is more effective than an RV brush.  Its all Elbow grease I figure.

BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2010-05-02 6:31 PM (#119629 - in reply to #119461)

Extreme Veteran

Just to resurrect this post a little.

I armed my wife with the hose and I with a soft brush on a stick with a spray bottle of concentrated Purple Power spray.

As she wet the trailer I sprayed the PP and then waited a few seconds then scrubbed.  We moved around the entire trailer using the cleaner on every surface. Rinsing as we went.

Polished walls, painted areas and the non polished surfaces.

Wow! Was this easy or what!  The trailers first bath since last fall and it is gleaming.

I will be honest there are a few area's on the non polished aluminum that colored strangely.  Not bad and not many but a few.  I applied some of my streak master aluminum clean to these areas and viola beautiful!

What I can not get over is the shine the polished aluminum walls picked up.

I think I have just added a new weapon to my black streak arsenal!

millironk
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2010-05-03 11:44 AM (#119654 - in reply to #119629)

Regular

Hi
were the strange colored areas on your non polished aluminum caused by the Purple Power?
BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2010-05-03 7:30 PM (#119672 - in reply to #119461)

Extreme Veteran

Yes I would say yes. 

Today I had a chance to walk around and look closer at the trailer after it sat thru a rain storm and dried in the sun.

I still think the polished aluminum sides are at their shiniest they have been and I have been working thru a variety of polishes in the recent seasons.

I however believe I now need to get a wax or protectant on the trailer as soon as possible.  If you read the PP it is a caustic agent and has removed any waxes or polishes applied.

I will offer a further update on the discolored areas as I am going to recheck a few of up higher ones this weekend. 

Again they are not terrible.  I am a detail freak and sometime a single scratch bugs me just a tad too much.

I am not backpedaling yet, as it was still by far the easiest cleaning I have ever done. 

I would not use this cleaner everytime.  Maybe spring only.  I still like the streak master product for every day washing. 

I may use the streak master wash this weekend to add a protective coating to the trailer instead of hand waxing.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)