'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
How to provide privacy with trailer screen door?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-22 7:32 PM
6 replies, 4327 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Cowgirl-h
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-04-19 11:11 AM (#119022)
Subject: How to provide privacy with trailer screen door?

Regular

We've finished our dressing room into a nice weekend package and are very pleased with it, but I have one small problem. The door to the dressing room has a small, tinted window in the top, just as most trailer doors do. This window can be seen into quite clearly at night when the trailer is lit. I'm not sure how to provide privacy without having something in the way all the time. The door has a screen as well, so I can't easily put something around the window, otherwise the screen won't connect to the main door properly. Our holiday trailer simply has frosting on it, so you can't see in, but I'm not too anxious to frost this window because we don't have another window in the main part of the trailer (just the two windows up in the nose) and I don't want to make it darker than necessary.

What do you think of the idea of putting a small blind over the doorway? It would hardly be noticeable when rolled up in the daytime, and yet we could lower it once we're inside for the night. We have venetian blinds on the windows in the nose, so we could probably match them. Or what about making a roll-up type blind out of material that matches my pillows? Once again, this would be rolled up so it would be out of the way most of the time, but lowered at night. Either way, you are going to see the blind or venetian, which isn't ideal. Any other ideas? How is your window in the door in your trailer treated to give you privacy?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sheryl
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-04-19 12:06 PM (#119025 - in reply to #119022)
Subject: RE: How to provide privacy with trailer screen door?

Veteran

On my last trailer, the window on the door was taller than it was wide.  I hung two curtains - think cafe type - when I wanted complete privacy, both were closed.  When I wanted light too, I just closed the bottom one.  Worked great for me.
brushycreekranch
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2010-04-19 12:21 PM (#119026 - in reply to #119022)

You can get a $4 paper temp pleated shade from wallyworld and just cut it to fit the window. It has sticky tape at the top and can easily be taken down once you decide on a more permanent option. Another thing you can do is cut a car sunshade (stiff) to fit in the window at nite. 
Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2010-04-19 3:07 PM (#119029 - in reply to #119022)

Extreme Veteran

I made a curtain out of some material that matches a pillow, then put those cafe rods (I think they are called) at the top and bottom of the window so the piece of material is stretched flat. The rods are only about the diameter of a pencil, and fit very close to the door.
I kind of like the idea you have of a roll up blind made to match. if you mount it above the door, it won't be in the way so no one will bump their head. If it will roll into a cylinder, it will not look bad, either.
jakey1
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2010-04-20 10:54 AM (#119064 - in reply to #119022)

Extreme Veteran

I made a Roman shade out of material that matches my bed cover and curtains.  It is an upholstery weight fabric so it has a little body to it and I lined it.  I attached it at the top of the window by putting self stick velcro onto the door and sewing the other side of the velcro to the fabric, so I did not have to drill the door to attach the shade.  I can pull it up as much as I want.  My window/screen is about two feet long.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-04-20 12:10 PM (#119068 - in reply to #119022)

Elite Veteran

You should be able to attach a day/night vertical blind shade to the door and still be able to attach the screen to the door. I have mine set-up this way and have no issues.
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2010-04-22 7:32 PM (#119212 - in reply to #119022)

Extreme Veteran

My trailer came with a shade which I didn't like because it would be in the way opening the door at night so I tinted it with a frost film. Me like it very much.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)