'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Streak Master

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-20 7:43 PM
2 replies, 5205 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2009-11-19 9:04 AM (#113411)
Subject: Streak Master

Elite Veteran

I know that this has been discussed before.Has anyone used the Streak Master Aluminum cleaner and brightener? I just placed an order with them. I want to use it to do the floor in the horse area...and then the outside...Is it an easy application to use? THX This aluminum cleaning is new to me and I'm a little leary of chemicals....
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-11-19 10:46 AM (#113417 - in reply to #113411)
Subject: RE: Streak Master

Expert

Do a 360 day search. Lots of info.

You're wasting your time and money using it on an aluminum floor.

Edited by gard 2009-11-19 10:49 AM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-11-20 7:43 PM (#113478 - in reply to #113411)
Subject: RE: Streak Master

Expert

If you follow the directions,you don't have to be leery of it.Mix it according to the bottle.It will not do anything on painted "skin" aluminum (white.) it's for the mill finish or extruded sides.Do NOT use it on polished (bright) aluminum.I think that is on the website,too.Be sure to wet the trailer down first,and,work from the bottom UP,opposite of what folks usually do.Work in small sections,and,rinse as soon as you have washed.When you think you've rinsed enough,rinse it once more.It can run and it will streak.It won't damage anything but you'll have to redo that section again if it happens.

If you have any questions,you can call the man,Greg Waltrip,that makes it.he is a very good source of information on his own product.I believe in it and use all 3 of his trailer products,black streak remover,aluminum brightener and the wash and protect (called something different now.) After you acid wash your trailer,that product will help slow the oxidation process down and keep it looking nice longer.

Gard is right,you're wasting your time and product/money using it on an aluminum FLOOR.Dividers,walls,etc are OK,but,it won't do anything for the aluminum floor except clean it up some,and,there are cheaper ways to do that.Read Gard's thread on how to take care of your aluminum flooring permanently and never have to remove mats again.

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/forum/thread-view.asp?threadid=10638

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2009-11-20 7:45 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World