'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Questions on some bloodlines...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-27 7:16 PM
4 replies, 3869 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AQHA 123
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-10-27 6:18 PM (#112482)
Subject: Questions on some bloodlines...

Veteran

Can you tell me anything about this breeding:######Top side-- ***Redmount Blue ***Krogs Boo (this horse is by Paprika Pine) ***Krogs Laddy (This horse is by Leo 3 ) ***Melody Bivins#####Bottom side-- ***Joe Quincy (This was a popular show horse in the 80's) ***Clever Jackie ***McKeag ***Royal Blue Angel. The Krogs blood seems to be popular in Nebraska, but I've not had experience with these horses myself. Thank you to those who know any of this blood.

Edited by AQHA 123 2009-10-27 6:25 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-10-27 7:28 PM (#112487 - in reply to #112482)
Subject: RE: Questions on some bloodlines...

Regular

Most of these bloodlines are not that far off from the foundation QH. If you are looking at a horse with all these in their pedigree my only concern is to check about HERDA since a few of them do go back to Poco Bueno. I really only consider what the bloodlines include if it is the sire, dam, grand sires,and grand dams, any further back the bloodlines start getting washed out. Too many people say well my lines go back to King, Wimpy etc. yes so do a lot of other horses, but for genetic issues its good to know further back for HYPP, HERDA, and other genetic problems. I believe Redmount Blue's grandsire is Robert Redford who was a outstanding halter horse that passed that onto his babies. Clever Jackie's grand sire is Two Eyed Jack and I like him alot. But for having heard about these horses or what they have done or what offspring has done, nope. I like Doc's Solano lines, I have 3 of his grandbabies, all have good minds, smart, have been easy to start.
honor
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2009-10-28 3:58 PM (#112517 - in reply to #112482)

Regular

I have a 5 year old mare that is out of Krogs Boo Boo by Krogs Boo.  I have owned two other.  All three are roans and have super dispositions and willing to do anything you ask.  A friend of mine bought Krogs Boo Boo years ago out west at a sale and put her in his broodmare band.  He just sold her this past spring.   Hope this was of some help
drumrunners1968
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-26 8:10 PM (#113668 - in reply to #112482)

New User

this line is working cow bred line. great horses and I have not had any problems genetically with any of them.  contact aqha for performance info on line. they can tell you every horse that has a genetic problem.
AQHA 123
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2009-11-27 7:16 PM (#113687 - in reply to #112482)

Veteran

Thanks guys.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World