'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
searching for a horse-please help!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-08 6:05 PM
37 replies, 8013 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-10-01 11:10 AM (#111305 - in reply to #111277)
Subject: RE: searching for a horse-please help!

Expert

Originally written by dobesgalore on 2009-09-30 12:57 PM

Well, I contacted the APHA, and it turns out that noone has transferd him, so he is still in our name. IF(and a big if) I find him, would he still be leaglly ours? I would have to have a copy of his papers sent to me for proof. And as a past poster suggested I am going to place him on netposse.com as well. Thank you all for your commets on this. Of course, if I do run him down and get him back, I would not even make an attempt to do anything with him other than keep him fed. Yes, I am thinking with my heart but I am also prepared to be very cautious until I find out just how severe the problem really is. Thanks everybody!!

No,that doesn't mean he is legally yours.Many folks especially these days choose for some reason or another not to register a horse.Plus,he is a gelding,isn't he? Papers aren't that important to some folks on a gelding.(not saying they aren't to me,but,I'm not the other owners.0

we were trying to buy a horse trailer from a guy who never titled it in his name.We found it to be still registered in the previous owner's name.However,we had to go through legal channels to get our money back (our downpayment) from the guy we BOUGHT it from, not whose name the title was still in.It was no longer "legally" his altho the state might have had some issues with that,it belonged to the person who had paid for it and had it in his possession.

Same with your horse.Gee,there are just too many good horses out there to spend a lot of time and effort on one that you have heard is now an "outlaw." You don't need him,really,mam.

I know now why our trainers/breeders say that once a horse leaves their care and place,they really don't want to know anything about it in the future.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2009-10-01 11:31 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-10-01 1:52 PM (#111313 - in reply to #111145)

Expert

Registration papers are not documents that prove ownership. Just means your the last person who had their name on the papers. Nothing more.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-10-01 2:30 PM (#111317 - in reply to #111145)

Elite Veteran

If you have accepted money for him to pass his ownership to someone else. (and then from them to another someone else, and so on...). He belongs to whoever last bought him in a legal transaction.. whether or not his registration papers have been ammended by the registry to show transfer(s) of ownership..
Gone
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-10-01 7:47 PM (#111330 - in reply to #111145)

Elite Veteran

It is unfortunate for this horse who has apparently been handled in a substandard manner. It too would break my heart to know this...but this horse is now mentally/physically mature. In my opinion, whatever has been done to him is now set in his mind. I think age plays a factor in trying to undue the damage that has been unfortunately done to him.

One question, the things you have heard about him trying to kill three people......How accurate are these rumors?

dobesgalore
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2009-10-02 12:53 PM (#111362 - in reply to #111330)

Originally written by Gone on 2009-10-01 7:47 PM

It is unfortunate for this horse who has apparently been handled in a substandard manner. It too would break my heart to know this...but this horse is now mentally/physically mature. In my opinion, whatever has been done to him is now set in his mind. I think age plays a factor in trying to undue the damage that has been unfortunately done to him.

One question, the things you have heard about him trying to kill three people......How accurate are these rumors?

dobesgalore
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2009-10-02 12:58 PM (#111365 - in reply to #111145)

I don't know how accurate the rumors are at all. That is another reason I would like to find him, and see if its true. I find it hard to believe that anything would cause him to want to kill people. It could be careless human error. The only incedent I have been told for sure to be known was someone got a double barrel full force kick in the chest, and the guys chest was crushed and he continually vomited blood really bad. I would like to know how true all this is.
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-10-02 1:28 PM (#111371 - in reply to #111365)

Expert

A double barrel kick to the chest and you need to know more? How about a kick to the head? Would that convince you? shessh.....
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2009-10-02 1:57 PM (#111374 - in reply to #111145)

Expert

A kick like that can be for many reasons.Not just being mean.I too have put myself in a wrong postion in a wrong situation and saw up close within inches the underside of both back feet at nose level.The horse was a good one.I caused the issue.I was lucky to just have to spit sand out of my mouth.

Edited by hounddog 2009-10-02 8:50 PM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2009-10-02 4:18 PM (#111377 - in reply to #111374)

Expert

I have to agree with houndog.I have done the same.Once,I made a sudden move behind a young (3 yr old gentle and broke,not just green) horse who was already nervous at being by himself out of the pasture.I wasn't thinking,and,I was nearly kicked.

A friend's farrier was killed by his personal horse that he had for 20 years+ when he dropped a brush behind the horse and reached down suddenly to pick it up.out of pure instinct,the horse kicked out and unfortunately kicked him in the head.Anyone can receive a kick from their own well trusted horse.

Having said that,I still don't think it is a good idea to try to locate a horse that you for whatever reason,had to let go.There are just too many good ones out there,especially at this particular time,if you're wanting another horse.I personally wouldn't want to try to take this horse back and deal with his issues.

hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2009-10-03 1:26 AM (#111395 - in reply to #111145)

Expert

Stories about horses and what issues they have vary from people.I've owned a few that later I was told had this issue or that and I never saw it or had that issue.A gal brought a Qtr gelding 4 y.o. into a boarding barn I was at years ago.Said she just bought him.Said she was told he was nuts and would bolt/rear and such.Came with a shank ed curb bit etc.Darn he was somewhat green but in a snaffle and a few afternoons of riding EVERY afternoon in two weeks he RODE ANYWHERE.Traffic,dogs,other horses.He was a good boy.He was SCARED and green.I heard 15  years later she still had him,rode often an he had been a wonderful horse with no formal schooling and such.I do know a so called trainer near here that got kicked out a stall and had emergency surgery,liver or pancreas bleeding.Walked into a stall with a embryo transfer mare that had her butt facing out and trainer slapped her on the butt to turn her.Got both barrels.Later the owners said she was a sale mare for cheap and hardly even led.Anyhow the stories go on and on.

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2009-10-03 9:34 AM (#111401 - in reply to #111145)

Elite Veteran

As I said, I got the double barrel kick in the chest and didn't give up until after the third attack sent me flying. Reading all this makes me thankful it's over. If it's over for the horse...well, if I have to chose between them and me, I pick me.
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2009-10-03 10:23 AM (#111403 - in reply to #111145)

Expert

Yes some are just plain nasty.More out there now then ever and WE all know why but thats another hot topic.If the poster finds that horse I'd be shocked.No telling how many in a 10 square mile radius of me with no history to trace.Bet theres over 300 head of horses easily.
Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-10-08 6:05 PM (#111652 - in reply to #111145)

Extreme Veteran

There are too many great horses out there to put yourself and your child in danger with a horse that is full of foolishness.  Do yourself a favor and move on.

Marla

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)