'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Logan coach questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-09-27 8:56 AM
3 replies, 7067 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

qhnpaintluvr
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-09-25 8:45 AM (#111091)
Subject: Logan coach questions

I found a used Logan XTR LQ that I like the looks of but I am unfamiliar with the brand. Would like to get input from Logan owners, good and bad.

Also, is the XTR all aluminum? It has a slightly tapered nose and I was hoping it wouldn't interfere with my short bed.

All info would be greatly appreciated!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-09-25 11:13 AM (#111094 - in reply to #111091)
Subject: RE: Logan coach questions

Expert

Know nothing about them other than the XTR has a... Vortex Rubber Coated Galvanized Structural Tubing in walls and floor (No Black Steel)

More Logan info.... http://www.logancoach.com/Trailers/XTR/xtr.html

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-09-25 6:59 PM (#111111 - in reply to #111091)

Expert

I have had two Logan trailers.  They are built about 50 miles north of me.   They make a good mid range trailer.

They are a Steel frame, Aluminum Skin trailer. They started making them in about 2005.

They came in two styles. A XT and XTR.  The XT has a painted Aluminum sides,.  The XTR has extruded aluminum panel on the lower portion of the side.

The trailers are 7'3" wide.  They started to offer an 8' wide model last year I think. So chances are a used trailer will be the 7'3" width.  The LQ trailers are all 7'6" tall. The non LQ trailers are 7' tall.  The LQ is put in by a division of Logan. They have done a good job of using the space available and included lots of items that others companies consider options.  They have a nice Rear tack that includes a pull out saddle rack, 30 gal water tank, hooks and blanket bars.   The hay rack is optional.  They have three models  of the LQ,  The Silver, the Gold and the Platinum.   The Silver is more of a cowboy weekender.  The Gold and Platinum both have full baths,  stoves and fridges. As well as A/C. Furnace, Awning etc.  The Platinum includes a bigger fridge and usually a flat panel TV and upgrades to leather like soft wall coverings, leather Jackknife couch, nicer throws and pillow covers and extra lighting.

I found my Logan 4 horse Platinum LQ was too low and I dragged the black water tanks occassionally on forest service roads. If I only hung out at fairgrounds, It would have been fine. But if you go to back country trail heads, down rough roads,  get it lifted a couple of inches by blocking the axles.

Logan has been in business for a long time, they were recently bought out this past spring by Titan Trailers ( see story last April under the Trailer news Forum)   Also there used to be a review of Logan Trailers on this site done under the Trailer Companies forum. 

I sold my LQ when the economy turned sour and my one daughter ( main riding partner) left for College.  I still have a 2006 Logan 4h XTR with no LQ that I haul horses with and spend an occassional weekend in. I have not had any serious problems with either of the two trailers that I've had.  The only problem I've had with the current trailer revolved around a bad ground to the electrical system, and I suspect that was a problem of the dealer who changed out the standard electrical jack for a hydraulic jack.

PM if you have any other questions.

This is the XTR

This is the XT

qhnpaintluvr
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-09-27 8:56 AM (#111141 - in reply to #111111)

Wow, thanks for the good information, I sure do appreciate it. I'm waiting to hear back from the owner to hopefully go see it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)