'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DOG QUESTION........ NON HORSE RELATED

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-18 8:28 AM
27 replies, 8373 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shags
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-10-16 10:29 AM (#111933 - in reply to #109349)
Subject: RE: DOG QUESTION........ NON HORSE RELATED

Regular

Some of us with multiple dogs buy tablets or topicals in the largest size doses then divide them up appropriately for our dogs. It's generally cheaper that way.

Don't fall for the line about 'how do you know the medication is evenly distributed throughout the tablet (or vial)' either. The stuff is extruded from big batches which are well mixed.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-10-17 12:20 PM (#111996 - in reply to #109349)

Expert

A follow up to my dog's initial problem and the use of COMFORTIS: Our dog tolerated the new medicine with no apparent ill side affects. A few months and three pills later, he is very much changed. This year his summer steroid shot, which usually greatly helps, had little effect.

He no longer has hot spots, nor is he trying to pull the hair out in those areas. I have not seen a flea during this time and his itching has all but subsided. His discomfort is almost completely dissipated, and he is quite relaxed and at ease. The symptoms our dog has are seasonal, with the end of the summer and beginning of fall, being the worse for his condition. I am going to closely monitor this situation, as I try to wean him from the pills over the winter months.

I want to thank all of you who wrote with their suggestions and recommendations. I greatly appreciate all of your valuable insight.

BOL   Gard

Edited by gard 2009-10-17 12:23 PM
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-10-18 8:28 AM (#112021 - in reply to #109349)

Veteran

I agree with the corn in feeds. Try to avoid that. I have an Aussie that chewed his hair completely off his hind legs. Had so many stains on him from licking & chewing. After steriod shots, alergy shots it kept coming back. Finally found out he had a yeast infection. Those pills worked only for a while. Fed him ground beef, vegies,an egg once in a while to cleanse his body.Also gave him yeast cleanse pills from health food store. Now he's on no corn product food, 1/2 teas. garlic powder, 1 fish oil and 2 tbls. flax seed. Hair is all grown back and he looks good. We haven't seen 1 flea on him this year and he hasn't had any flea prevention on him either.

Ike you might want to give your dogs a yeast cleanse.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)