'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
OCD Pellets

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-08-02 6:10 PM
3 replies, 4594 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Kesta
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-07-31 10:42 AM (#108796)
Subject: OCD Pellets

Veteran

I've been using OCD pellets for about 6 months, but I really can't afford them right now. Can anyone recommend another joint supplement that is just as effective, but not as costly?

Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-08-01 11:42 AM (#108832 - in reply to #108796)
Subject: RE: OCD Pellets

Regular

Why are you feeding this product? Is it for a growing horse, injured horse, senior horse or a horse in heavy training or work? There are tons of joint supplements on the market and some specialize in injuries, in heaving training or work, for seniors, etc. Without more info its kinda hard to point you in a direction.
Kesta
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-08-02 1:57 PM (#108860 - in reply to #108796)

Veteran

Vet injected hocks and wants my horse on a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement in addition to monthly IV HA injections. I picked the OCD pellets based on the information on the website and my vet hearing good things about the product. I also talked to Dr Beebe and inquired if he thought they would be of benefit to my horse (fusing hocks/bone spur) and he said they would. Other people I know use them for similar cases.

The supplement and IV HA injections are used to prolong the effects of the hock injections. The less you do them; the better.

NM-Rider
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-08-02 6:10 PM (#108871 - in reply to #108860)

Regular

Would like to give you suggestions. I've been lucky not having fusing hocks or bone spurs with my horses. So I don't know really what to recommend. Check with the people at Smartpac and they might be able to compare OCD pellets with a similar product.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)