'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Interior height (horse area)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-19 10:12 AM
2 replies, 4415 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Safet
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-07-18 7:26 PM (#108218)
Subject: Interior height (horse area)

Veteran

I read in someone's previous post that some trailer manufacturers don't really have the interior height in the horse area as described.I always thought my sister's old Circle J was 7 ft interior height, but it's actually 6ft 8 inches from ceiling to floor, not including the roof supports or floor mats.How do trailer manufacturers measure the height of the horse compartment? I noted one manufacturer said "interior height at the side wall" (sorry, can not remember the manufacturer at this time) which got me thinking. I have noticed that some trailers are higher in the center of the horse compartment vs. the sides. Do all manufacturers measure from the same point A to point B? Are the interior heights before or after mats are in the trailer? If there is a measurement rule, what is it?Thanks!I apologize if this post is all one paragraph. I keep trying to separate parts, but it keeps showing up all mashed together each time I review it.

Edited by Safet 2009-07-18 7:32 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-07-19 4:12 AM (#108232 - in reply to #108218)
Subject: RE: Interior height (horse area)

Expert

There is no set, height measuring standard.... Each mfg. does there own thing, some are just more honest than others.... If in doubt, break out your own measuring stick...

Same goes with the width... 8' wide trailer may measure 8' on the outside when it is actually only 7'6" on the inside... It is an 8' wide trailer, just not 8' wide where it counts.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-07-19 10:12 AM (#108236 - in reply to #108232)
Subject: RE: Interior height (horse area)

Expert

Originally written by retento on 2009-07-19 5:12 AM

There is no set, height measuring standard.... Each mfg. does there own thing, If in doubt, break out your own measuring stick.. 

I agree. I don't believe there are any standards for measurements, to which the manufacturer's have to abide. If the trailer has an arched roof, whose to say the height is measured at the lower side wall, or the higher center? Do they advertise that the height is 7' high? The height of what? The interior space or the outside dimensions? It's stated that the trailer is 8' wide. Well it is, but it doesn't have 8' of cargo area because of the wall thicknesses.

Like Retento says, take your own tape and measure for yourself. Then you'll know exactly what you're looking at.

Gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)