'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Help for horses near Tucson, AZ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-14 7:43 PM
1 replies, 3613 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

FarmGirl
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2009-07-11 9:26 AM (#107844)
Subject: Help for horses near Tucson, AZ

I am posting this message I received in my e-mail..

Today we learned that a ranch in Nevada is closing down. They are sending all the mares and geldings to Canada for slaughter. The foals, ages 2 weeks to 3 months are being sent to Mexico. In a short time they will overnight here in Tucson. We have the opportunity if we can find foster homes for these foals to rescue them from being slaughtered in Mexico.
>
> We have neither enough room nor the manpower to deal with all the foals. The younger ones will take 24/7 feeding and care. The older ones will go through a weaning process, so we will need safe and secure stalls. The person or persons offering to foster these foals must have some idea on how to deal with foals and make the committment to provide all the care.
>
> We will need to know soon, as these foals will be in stress when they arrive here. We understand that there will not be any feeding done on the trip. They are coming in a semi truck.
>
> If you know of anyone who can help us, please call HEART of Tucson at 520-445-1510. These horses will be coming down in the next couple of weeks.
>
> HEART of Tucson is a new 501(c)(3) horse rescue organization in Tucson. It was founded by Judy Glore, who continues to serve as President of the rescue. It is our goal to rescue, retrain and rehome horses that are abused, whose owners can no longer care for them, or are neglected. Our website is http://www.heartoftucson.org We have other horses that need adoption or fostering, but these young ones are going to be our focus until we find foster homes for them.
>
> Stephanie Plakk
> Arizona Equestrian Network
> info@arizonaequest.com
> www.arizonaequest.com
> 520-465-1648

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2009-07-14 7:43 PM (#108038 - in reply to #107844)
Subject: RE: Help for horses near Tucson, AZ

Extreme Veteran

I wish you the best of luck in helping these animals.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)