'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Proud Poppa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-06-09 8:08 AM
2 replies, 2913 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Marla
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2009-06-08 8:58 PM (#106139)
Subject: Proud Poppa

Extreme Veteran

A few years ago I found a baby mockingbird in the yard.  I hand-fed that silly bird on slivers of t-bone steak and raisins.  I know you are supposed to feed them worms, but have you ever tried to feed a baby bird earthworms with a pair of tweezers?  Anyway, the mocking bird has been returning every year and vainly looking for a mate.  He always seemed  so lonesome.  This year, however, he snared a female and they set up housekeeping.  While she was incubating he would bring her gifts of grasshoppers, spiders, raisins, peanuts, etc.  After each delivery of goodies he would fly to the top of the power pole to sing and display, letting everyone in the neighborhood know what a good provider he is.  Now he has babies in the nest and he appears on the window sill every morning as I am enjoying my pot of coffee.  He looks me straight in the eye and struts and sings and flashes his wings, as if trying to show me how proud he is of his new family.  He still takes food from my hand, but instead of swallowing it he delivers it to his brood.  What a bird!

Marla

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2009-06-08 10:01 PM (#106143 - in reply to #106139)
Subject: RE: Proud Poppa

Elite Veteran

What a cute story!! Thanks for sharing it!!
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-06-09 8:08 AM (#106162 - in reply to #106139)
Subject: RE: Proud Poppa

Veteran

What a neat story, he's thankful to you for saving him. Now he wants to share his family with you. Can you get a picture of him to share?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)